QuickBooks is a leading and trusted accounting software that is ruling the market in today’s date. The main reason for the immense fame of the QuickBooks software is the amazing and innovative features in the software. Additionally, QuickBooks offers various subscription plans according to the user’s requirement and it is really pocket-friendly. Sometimes, there are particular errors that users face problems with in the software. Error codes obstruct the smooth functioning of the software and consume much of business hours. But, QuickBooks launches various tools that can help in resolving these errors quickly. However, sometimes users are not satisfied with the services that the QuickBooks software provides. Keep reading this blog to know how to delete the QuickBooks account.
How To Delete QuickBooks Account?
Deleting a QuickBooks account is a simple process. For Deleting QuickBooks, you have to cancel your subscription first. You just need to follow the below-given steps:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- After that, click on the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Accounts and Settings’ option.
- From the left panel, click on the ‘Billing and Subscription’ tab.
- In the section of ‘QuickBooks’, choose the ‘Cancel Online’ or ‘Cancel Subscription’ button.
- Select the ‘Continue to cancel’ option.
- Click on the ‘Submit and Cancel Subscription’ button.
- After that, click on the ‘Got it’ option.
In case, you want to just Delete Some Accounts in the QuickBooks application. Then, this will require some different steps.
Also Read: How to delete Journal Entries in QuickBooks?
Important Things that You Need to Consider Before You Delete Accounts in QuickBooks
Deleting accounts in QuickBooks is also a simple process but there are various things that you need to consider before you delete accounts in QuickBooks:
- When you are deleting accounts in the QuickBooks Software, it doesn’t mean that it will remove your transactions.
- If you delete accounts in QuickBooks, it will have no impact on your reports.
- Also, there is a feature in QuickBooks to restore your deleted accounts in QuickBooks anytime you want.
- You can also include inactive or deleted accounts by filtering the Charts Of Accounts (COA) page.
- However, there are various accounts in QuickBooks that don’t give an option to delete such as sales tax account.
Steps to Delete Accounts in QuickBooks Desktop Application
There is a different procedure to delete accounts in desktop applications and in online. Follow the steps to delete the accounts in the desktop application of QuickBooks:
- From the top left menu bar, navigate to the ‘Lists’ option.
- Choose the ‘Charts of Accounts’ option.
- After that, right-click on that account that you need to delete.
- Your screen will display a message of deleting an account.
- Click on the ‘Delete Account’ button.
- After that, click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Steps to Delete Accounts in QuickBooks Online
As stated above, there is a different procedure for deleting accounts in QuickBooks Online as compared to the QuickBooks desktop application. Below are the steps to delete accounts in QuickBooks Online:
- From the top right corner, click on the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Then, proceed further.
- After that, under the section of ‘Company’, you are required to choose the ‘Charts of Accounts’ option.
- Find the account that you are required to delete.
- From the ‘Action’ column, select the drop-down arrow and choose the ‘Delete’ option.
- Your computer screen will show you a confirmation message asking you if you really want to delete that account.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button to confirm.
Also Read: How to merge Customers in QuickBooks?
How To Enter Deleted or Inactive Accounts?
If you delete an account, the account will be excluded from the Charts of Accounts. However, you can include the deleted and inactive accounts. Below are the steps that will help you in including deleted or inactive accounts:
- From the left menu bar, click on the ‘Accounting’ menu.
- In the above ‘Action’ column, choose the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Check-mark the ‘Include Inactive’ box.
- After that, find the deleted account using the search bar.
Deleting QuickBooks accounts or deleting accounts in QuickBooks is a straightforward and simple process but you have to follow the steps accurately. However, if any user faces any difficulty in deleting their QuickBooks accounts or deleting accounts in QuickBooks, feel free to take help from the QuickBooks Customer Support experts via Chat.
Read more Related Articles:-
How to Create QuickBooks Journal Entries?
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Status Code 11118
How to Add Class in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
QuickBooks Tool Hub