How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 ?
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 will pop up when a user is trying to open a company file. An error message saying, 80070057, incorrect parameter’ will be displayed in front of him. This error message simply means that you don’t have permission to delete a particular file from a specific folder.
This error displays when the QB Accounts Manager makes the Company file in QB 2014, and when a user will try to open the fill, it will not open. Every time a user tries to open it, an error message displays, which will say that the file was created in an older version. To know the reasons and solutions of this error, check out the information mentioned below.
Reasons for QB error 80070057
There are some factors that are responsible for QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. Most of the factors are related to the communication problems with the company files when used over the network on a different computer. Certain factors responsible for this error are-
- If a user working on a file that is located on a USB drive.
- If QB is unable to read company files due to the change f company file extension.
- If without opening QuickBooks, anyone is trying to open a portable file.
- During QB installation, if QB discovers there is damage in the company file.
- If any of the third-party software is not configured for QB.
- Instead of opening the file from inside the QB, the user is trying to open it with a double-click.
Causes of QB Error 80070057
- If the user tries to make the direct attempt to open the Company File, then he might face this issue. This is because of the QB Server File Permissions on the server or the host computer.
- Yet another possible cause of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is the damage of Network Data files. This is basically the configuration file that permits the program to identify the DB server it will be going to use. If the user moves or deletes this file from the host or the server computer then the file becomes unreadable and generates an error message on the screen.
- Internet and firewall security settings also lead to the occurrence of this error. It hinders the syncing process of QB desktop with QB database available on the server. This needs an immediate fixation otherwise it will hamper you work to a great extent.
- Last but not the least reason that triggers this error on the system is the antivirus program that blocks the common process. The bitdefender blocking QB is known to be the ace of Antivirus Programs Blocking QB till the time QB antivirus exceptions are not allowed in malicious programs.
All these are the main factors that can cause error code 80070057.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
If you notice this error while opening your company file, then resolve it immediately without any further delay. There are multiple ways to fix the error, choose the one as per your comfort.
Solution 1 – Check the Company file name extension and verify it
- Initiate with clicking on the “Company file” option, make sure you are making right-click on it.
- Then select ‘’, and click on the “QuickBooks” option.
- Now, carefully note the version of QB for the last opened file and the file extension in the filename field.
- After this, click on the “OK” tab.
Keep following these steps to get rid of QuickBooks error 80070057.
Change File Extension
- Now, you have to make a new folder.
- Paste the company files in a new folder after copying it.
- Now, convert the file extension to .qbm.
- Make a click anywhere to save the changes.
- Open QB Desktop to restore portable.
- If you are unable to open QuickBooks, then rename the file extension to .qbb.
- Once you are done with changing the extension, restore the backup after opening the QB Desktop.
Paste the company file to another folder in the flash drive
- Open desktop and Windows Explorer.
- Now, discover the “file” option and make a right-click on it; now, select the new folder.
- Paste “Companyfile.QBW” in the new folder after copying it from the flash drive.
- At last, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop and the new folder.
This is the first solution to the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
Solution 2 – Configure “Bit Defender” to permit QB Desktop communication
- Navigate to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu.
- After this, select the ‘’, followed by the “custom.”
- From the SCAN, choose to Exclude the path.
- Now, select a new item.
- At last, select a UNC path or mapped drive to browse to the company file.
Solution 3 – Open QB with admin permissions
Implement the following steps to solve error code 80070057.
- Close QB Desktop.
- Make a right-click on the QB icon.
- Choose the option of “Run as administrator.”
- Now, your company file will be opened automatically, and if it not opening, then choose the company file and click on the “Open” option.
If you get QB error while installing the QB Desktop, then try to re-download the program from the site.
Solution 4 – Try a “Clean Install” of QB Desktop
This is another way to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057.
If you are unable to solve the issue with any other method, then perform a “Clean Install.” It is a threefold procedure-
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Rename file folder.
- Re-install the QB Desktop.
Solution 5: Manually Fix the Error 80070057
There are two ways to manually fix the QB Error 80070057. Both of them are given here for the users’ sake of convenience. Try out any one of them or both to eradicate this error from the system.
Step 1: Mount the fresh copy of ND file with new file name
- First of all, open QB and find out the location where the Company File has been stored.
- Initiate the search for the .ND file of your Company File.
- Once you find the same, click on the file and select the option to Rename.
- Add the .Old at the end of the file.
- After renaming the file, tap on the Save button.
Step 2: Run the QB Database Server Manager on your Server
- To initiate the process, open the QB Database Server Manager on your server and scan the Company File folder once again.
- Type QB Database Server Manager in the Windows Taskbar. Click on the icon to access the same.
- If you find that the Company File Folder is already listed, then tap on the Scan option. Or else, you can click to add a folder.
- In this step, the user needs to browse the location of the folder and select the folder.
- Click on the Scan button.
- This scan button will reconfigure the QB permissions to make it accessible to all QB workstations.
- Access the file from the server and the host computer and then from the system where QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 is showing up.
All these are the comprehensive ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057.
Hope the above mentioned solutions are enough to get rid of this error from your system; however, if you still find any trouble in using these steps or if any query is floating in your mind, then worry not and immediately call the support team for quick guidance. The support team is available to the users in the hour of need and thus, you can easily connect with them at whatever time you want. These are professional experts who know how to tackle your issues and how to solve them within little or no time. So, if you are facing any trouble, then there is no need to take stress and seek help and expert guidance by reaching out to the professional team. Or else, you can also connect with the IT expert who is capable enough to solve this issue in less than no time. You can visit them and take advice on the issues that are creating hassle for you.