QuickBooks Database Server Manager : Install, Update & Setup
Also known as Intuit Personal Database Manager Tool, QuickBooks Database Server Manager is designed to create network data files for each and every Company File either on the host workstation or host system. This tool can be used as the QB desktop software when you wish to use the multiple version of QB. Please note down the fact that without this tool, you cannot use the Intuit desktop. However, before proceeding towards the installation steps, it is imperative to know about QBDBMS in a bit more detail.
QBDBMS – All you need to know
- This tool creates network data files with .nd extension on the host system.
- It has multiple versions and thus offers multiple versions of processes.
- If you are using more than one version of QB desktop, then it is imperative to install this tool. Also, each version of QBDBMS must have to be installed to use the multiple Intuit desktop.
How to Install QB Database Server Manager?
To complete the installation process, use the below mentioned steps:
- First of all, go to the Host Computer and make a search for the QB Installer.
- Click to the Installation Wizard to open the same.
- Tap on the Next button, if there is internet access on your host computer.
- However, if no internet connection is available, the select No and then the Next button.
- Once you are done with this, get all programs closed and click on the Next button.
- Read the Software License Agreement and accept the same to proceed next.
- Thereafter, you will have to make a choice of the customer or network option and pick the installation type.
- Click on the Yes Allows Access option and follow the on-screen prompts, to get the installation completed.
- As soon as the installation process is finished, it is high time to set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Steps to Set-up the QBDBMS
Wondering how to set up the QBDBMS? Use the given procedure step by step and get the process completed with ease.
- To initiate the process, scan the folders or files that are needed to be configured for the multi-user access from the QBDBMS tool.
- Make sure that the Company File is configured appropriately to offer access to the multiple users.
- You can use the service administrator tool to add the new QB Company File in the server.
- The user must check out whether the Company File is connected to the server or not and whether the users can easily access the file or not.
- You can also make changes in the service status by using the Service Administrative Tool and configure the same.
- At last, you can apply update get the QB features for smooth functioning.
How to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
Update process of QBDBMS is very simple and you can easily accomplish the same by using the below-mentioned guidelines.
- The user is required to first download the latest QB Desktop and be sure that both host and server are working on the latest version.
- Once you are done with the installation process, reboot the server.
- When the update process is completed, a message will appear on the screen.
- Thereafter, create the backup file and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager with new features and technologies.
Procedure to Uninstall the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There is no denying the fact that QB database server is an awesome tool but it doesn’t mean that everyone likes the same and opt for this product after installing. If you don’t think that tool is that much useful or if you want to uninstall the same owing to the memory issue, then worry not and use the below-mentioned steps to get it uninstalled.
- First of all, go to the Programs and Features menu and click on the Uninstall Software.
- Choose the QB Database Server Manager and tap on the uninstall option from the top of the menu.
- Get the tool uninstalled by following the on-screen prompts.
- Finally, the Intuit database server is uninstalled.
I hope the above-mentioned blog has given you the entire information about the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. However, if you are still unable to install or setup the software or find any trouble in uninstalling or updating the same, then call QuickBooks error support +1-800-729-1746 at any time and get a solution for your issue.