QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software in the market developed by Intuit and most of its products are designed while keeping concerns of small and medium-sized businesses in mind. It offers on-premises accounting solutions along with the cloud-based versions that can perform payroll functions, pay & manage bills, and accept business payments. QuickBooks has various tools to make sure that your business runs smoothly and one such tool is QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Is your data lost? Want to recover the damaged QB files? This efficient tool will help you to proceed with the same. Though most of the time Data Services of Intuit can help you to recover your lost data, this process can take some time. This simply means that you are restricted to use QB for some days. Using the ADR can be a faster and better way to recover your corrupted or lost data. We all know that backing up important data is very important, but we always forget to do it. In these situations, QuickBooks Data Recovery comes to our rescue, making our work easier.
What is the meaning of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery and how it works?
QuickBooks Desktop comprises a feature known as the QB Auto Data Recovery (ADR). This tool makes a backup of your company file so that you can recover financial data that has been lost and QB files that has been damaged. The loss of these important files can paralyze business operations. You are also allowed to use the special feature, named auto-replication if you want to create a duplicate QuickBooks Transaction Log File (.QBW.tlg) and QuickBooks Company File (.QBW) for recovering automatically. Users can also perform QuickBooks Data File Recovery with this tool.
After one hour of the opening of the QB company files, some internal diagnostics will be performed by this tool on the file. If you find that your file is opened that means it has passed the test and its backup copy is saved in the ADR folder. After every 12 hours, this tool will make another copy of the file. If your QB is opened, it won’t happen. It will make the copy once you start the desktop program. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery can be very beneficial to restrain any obstacle in the operation of your business.
There are two ways in which ADR help you to recover the lost file, which are-
- Using the .TLG file and a Company file copy to recreate the last few of the transactions.
- Using the company file copy and the current .TLG file to recreate lost transactions.
What is the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Folder?
If you are using the Premium and Pro version of QB, you will notice an extra folder along with a few new files. This folder is basically the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that works as the company files backup place. This folder is created by QB itself and you should never delete it. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Files are saved in this folder.
Several tests will be performed on the company files each time you try to open them so that data can be updated. However, you should keep in mind that this folder doesn’t work as a support for all the saved information; you should always prefer to create a backup of the information you have in your company file.
Important points to remember before using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Here are some points that you should consider before using this tool.
- Customers who are using QuickBooks Enterprise, Premier, and Pro for Windows are the only people who can use the QB Auto Data recovery.
- You must have the latest updates of QB Desktop to use this lucrative tool.
- This tool is applicable to Accountant Editions.
- To create a backup with this tool, you have size limitations of 1.5 Gigabytes. You can’t create Auto Data Recovery for a backup that is greater than 1.5 GB.
You can anytime reach out to QuickBooks Data Recovery Support if there is any problem while using this tool.
How to resolve the lost & damaged data with QB Auto Data Recovery Tool?
If you are wondering how to restore lost & damaged data with QB Auto Recovery Tools, check out the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1 – Use the original Transaction Log File with ‘.QBW.adr file’
Recent transactions can be recovered by using the updated version of the tool and original .TLG File. Implement the following steps to proceed with the same.
- Go to the desktop and make a new folder there, naming the “QB Test.”
- Navigate to the folder in which you have stored your company file. To find the position of the company files, check out the No Company Open Window and Product Information Screen.
- Search for the file in the folder naming as .tlg file.
- Copy this file and paste it into the folder that you have created on the desktop.
Apply the following steps to reflect the file extensions.
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
- Choose “Organize,” followed by the “Folder.” Click on the search options.
- Press “View” and click on the “Filename Extension.”
- After this, locate the option of “Hidden extensions for known file types,” click on it.
- Click on the “Apply” button and then the OK button.
- After this, browse the QB Auto Data Recovery folder, which is situated in the same place as that of the company file. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is very beneficial as it restores the lost data effortlessly.
- Now you are required to make a right-click on the .QBW.adr file to copy it and transfer it into the QB Test folder. This simply means that the .tlg file and .QBW.adr files are in one place now.
- Jump to the folder, you have created on the desktop and apply a click on the .QBW.adr file, specifically right-click and tap on the “Rename” option.
- After this, delete the .adr file positioned at the file name’s end.
- Next, click on the company file, which you have stored in the folder that you have created on the desktop.
- Check and make sure that all the transactions are there.
- To ensure the data integrity, follow the given series – File> Utilities> Verify Data.
- If the company file is fine, move the damaged file to another location.
- Now, from the “QB Test” transfer a copy of the file to the original location.
Use QuickBooks Data Recovery Software to restore the lost or damaged data.
Solution 2 – Use the ‘.TLG.adr’ & ‘.QBW.adr’files
In this solution, you have to use the ADR version of both .TLG and .QBW files. This solution will help you to recover the transactions of the last twelve hours.
- Make a folder on the desktop with the same name as the QB test.
- After this, open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder by using the QB company file feature.
- Now access the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files and select them to paste into the QBTest folder.
- Follow the same steps as discussed in solution one to reflect the file extensions.
- You are now required to delete the .adr from the file name end.
- Follow the series of activities, Files> Utilities> verify Data.
- Verify that all transactions are there and the company file is unharmed.
- Shift your “damaged company file” to any other location.
- Go to the “QB Test” folder again and transfer the copy to the original place.
With the above steps, you can easily recover the lost data. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is an efficient tool that helps you to get back your lost QB data. If you are still facing this error, then you don’t have any option. Now, at this stage, it can be only fix by the QuickBooks Professionals. So without wasting time call +1(860) 544-6044.