QuickBooks is the most efficient account software that helps the business owners in managing their financial operations with much ease and comfort. To make the best out of it, it is important to update the same from time to time so that you can use the best version which is equipped with all latest features and advantages. Intuit releases QuickBooks Update on a regular basis with the aim to add more benefits to the same, therefore you are advised to update your QB to the latest version to attain your business objectives. An appropriate version of QB will surely help you in making the business process flawless so that you can achieve your business goals in the least possible time.
To facilitate the QB users, we have compiled this post to offer you the nitty-gritty of updating QB to the latest release. The updates can be downloaded directly from the internet and will surely multiply the performance of the software by manifolds. Let’s get to know about the detailed description of this procedure here and download the update accordingly.
How to Update QuickBooks Software to the Latest Release?
Updating your QuickBooks software will fix several common and complex errors automatically and thereby enhances its productivity to the great extent. There are four different ways to initiate the QuickBooks Update, namely:
- Automatic QB Update Method (Default Setting)
- Release Download
- On-Demand/ Immediate Update Method
- Manual QuickBooks Update
There is no denying the fact automatic QB update method is the simplest and the most convenient option to opt for. All it needs is an excellent internet connection so that update can be downloaded without any interruption. Manual update might be a little bit tricky and for this, you need to have an in-depth knowledge about the software. Once the update is downloaded, either automatically or manually, QB itself starts installing the same along with the important files. You will get the notification about How to Update QuickBooks whenever you restart your system.
Let’s find out the detailed description of these update methods here and select the option that suits you the best.
Automatic QB Update Method
This is the foremost and the simplest method to get the latest QB update. QuickBooks itself finds the latest update and begins the installation procedure automatically when the system is idle. What else is needed? QB is not just efficient but the smart software that increases the productivity of your business and these small features help it to do the same. Automatic update starts because of the software’s default settings that allows QB to download the update from the Intuit server.
Here are mentioned the procedure with the help of which you can enable or disable automatic update option.
- Open the QB software on your system and go to the ‘Help Menu’.
- Tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option and wait for a while to open the QB update window.
- Hit the ‘Options’ tab.
- Click either on the ‘Yes’ button to enable the Automatic QuickBooks Update or tap on the ‘No’ button to disable the Automatic QB Update.
- Jump to the ‘Save’ option to confirm the changes you have made.
Note: Whether you enable or disable the Automatic Update for QuickBooks, you will still get the messages asking if you want to opt for the update services. These messages serve as a reminder to let you know that update is available for the software.
Also Read:- Find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in 5 steps
Immediate/ On-Demand Update Method
If the first option doesn’t work or if you face any trouble while downloading the automatic update, then worry not and opt for the next best option – Immediate/ On-Demand Update Method. As the name implies, this method lets you update the QB to the latest version immediately. In addition to this, it is not at all mandatory to open the QB software while downloading the update. The users can select this method at any time to get the latest version of QuickBooks software immediately on their system even if their automatic update option is enabled.
Find out the steps to check How to QuickBooks Update and to install them successfully.
- Go to the ‘Help Menu’ and tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Choose the updates you wish to download and tap on ‘Get Updates’. You can also click on the ‘Maintenance Releases’ tab to know about what new features and improvements are available in the latest version.
- Start your system again and a new window will appear asking if you wish to install the latest updates now or later.
- Restart your system again to install the QuickBooks Update 2021.
Facing issue in the Update feature? In that case, the user can opt for download and install available updates. It is also important to update all copies (if you use multiple copies) to use the software hassle-free.
If the Company File requires the use of QuickBooks Premier or Pro in the multi-user mode, then you will have to install the updates on all systems. Follow the steps for sharing the updates.
- Click to access the shared QuickBooks Company File.
- Visit the ‘Help Menu’ and tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option.
- Select ‘options’ and click on the ‘Yes’ button to share the download option.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button.
Manual QB Update
Follow the steps to initiate QuickBooks Update manually.
- First of all, close the Company File and exit the QB desktop.
- Right-click on the QB desktop icon and tap on the ‘Run as an administrator’.
- On the ‘No Company Open’ screen, visit the ‘Help Menu’ and choose ‘Update the QB’.
- Navigate to the ‘Option’ tab and click on the ‘Mark All’ option.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button now.
- Access the ‘Update Now’ tab and tick the ‘Reset Update Box’.
- Tap on the ‘Get Update’ button.
- Close the QB software once the update is downloaded on the system.
- On restarting the computer, you will get the message to Install QB Update. Tap on the Yes button and start your computer again once the installation is completed.
- QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks Error 6000
- QuickBooks Upgrade 2020
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager