Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 mainly takes place when you are trying to update or download payroll set-up file. Other than that the problem can also occur when an Intuit related software is running during the Windows closure or start-up or during the installation of the Windows operating system. This particular error is a critical one and therefore, you should resolve it as soon as you can. This is important to prevent any type of data loss.
The 15000 series errors are related to the problems of updating payrolls in the QuickBooks application. This is a common error that can happen in the software. You can easily resolve it by performing some technical steps and solutions. But if are not that tech-savvy then you can contact the customer support of QuickBooks, they will help you in solving this error. This error can be dangerous as it leads to data loss and damage. So, you are recommended to solve it as soon as possible.
Also Read: QuickBooks not Opening after Windows Update
What are the possible causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270?
QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 can take place because of the following reasons:
- When your anti-virus program or Firewall settings blocks the server communication.
- QuickBooks software is not installed properly.
- Windows program is infected or corrupted.
- QuickBooks software is updated incorrectly.
- When you have a slow or poor internet connection.
- An un-updated version of a QuickBooks application can lead to this error.
- There are many programs that are currently running in the background.
- You have downloaded an infected file from the internet.
- It might be possible that the default browser is not Internet Explorer.
- The account settings might be turned on.
- QuickBooks Error 15227 can also cause this error.
- The QuickBooks user might have downloaded corrupted company files in the system.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
The following are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270:
- An error message along with an error code appears on your computer screen like this: “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270 occurred: Unable to download your payrolls. We’re sorry for the inconvenience”.
- All the windows active programs that are currently running will be crashed down.
- Freezing of your desktop screen a couple of times within a specific interval.
- The windows inputs like keyboard and mouse will respond very slowly to the command.
- Sometimes you can also get this message: “A critical QuickBooks update is waiting for the installation.”
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
Things To Remember Before Fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
Below are some of the important things that you should keep in mind before solving the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270:
- Make sure to install or download QuickBooks related material from the official website of QuickBooks only. This will prevent you to download corrupted or infected files from other websites The files that you download from any other website might contain spyware or malware that results in harming your computer system.
- Ensure that your QuickBooks application is updated to its recent version. The users of QuickBooks version 2012 or earlier should immediately update their QuickBooks application as it could lead to many errors and bugs in the software.
- Check your third-party software’s settings carefully. Third-party apps like firewall and anti-virus might be interrupting the QuickBooks servers. Go to the settings on your desktop. Click on firewall settings. See if there is any restriction on QuickBooks downloading or installing. If there is, disable it right away.
- Make sure that your windows operating system is running on a recent update. An older version of windows might lead to several technical glitches and bugs in the software.
Method to Solve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270
Below is the method that can help in the fixation of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270:
Method: Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks Tools Hub is application software that is launched by Intuit Incorporation. It contains all the repair tools that are offered by QuickBooks. To clarify, you don’t need to install different tools for separate errors. All the repair tools are present in this single application. Follow the steps to use this application:
- Firstly, go to the official website of QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- After that, download this application from the download link provided.
- Install the tool with the help of on-screen instructions.
- Read the license agreement carefully and click on the ‘I Agree’ button to confirm it.
- Give the tool required permission to run this application on your desktop.
- After that, open the application tool.
- In the left menu bar, click on the ‘Installation Issues’ menu.
- Choose the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ option.
- This tool is created to solve installation and updating issues that occur in the QuickBooks application.
- When the issue gets resolved, reboot your system.
- Then, you need to start your computer after some time.
- Check if the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270 resolved or not.
Another method to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to solve the error 15270.
1: At first, restart your QB software.
2: Go to the QuickBooks update service screen and then click the install later option.
3: Then go to the help option and then to update QuickBooks icon.
4: Click update now in the update QuickBooks field.
5: Now mark the reset updates field before selecting the get updates icon.
6: Confirm the reset by clicking on OK.
7: Once the update is completed, the get update option will be activated. You will receive a pop-up message saying update complete. Now you have to restart your QB software once again.
8: In case, QuickBooks update service notification shows on the screen, select install now button.
9: Now search and select the employees tab and get payroll updates tab.
10: Try to install the payroll update again. However, make sure that you select the download entire
11: payroll update again.
12: Lastly, choose the update icon.
Read more Related Articles:-