How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15276?
QuickBooks Error Code 15276 is one of the QB Common Payroll Update Errors, which occurs when the user attempts to download & install the latest payroll update release, and it is not updated successfully. The occurrence of such error signifies that some file is missing. To ensure the flawless functioning of the QuickBooks application, we suggest you get the error resolved immediately. If the error persists, you would not be able to download the latest updates and will be deprived of using the advanced features included by Intuit.
Error 15276: The payroll update has not been completed successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.
This guide is an attempt to provide complete knowledge about the error code 15276, including its possible causes and solutions. Follow this guide attentively to get rid of the issue and reap the benefits of QuickBooks’ advanced accounting and bookkeeping features.
Possible causes of QuickBooks ErrorCode 15276
There are many possible reasons behind the eruption of QuickBooks error code 15276. Here we have mentioned a few of the reasons that lead to error code 15276. If you want to know the exact reason that is causing error code 15276, then we suggest you connect with +1-877-349-3776 QuickBooks experts for assistance.
- It occurs because of a damaged registry file.
- The error may occur because of defective error.
- Your system might be infected with viruses or malware.
- The bad sector on the hard drive
- Incompatible software installation
- Incompatible Internet Explorer settings
Easy Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15276
We have mentioned some of the best troubleshooting methods, which are recommended by QuickBooks advisors, who have in-depth knowledge of the product and services offered by Intuit. These solutions are do-it-yourself methods and require no expert assistance to implement. Users with fair technical expertise can make use of these solutions to get rid of the issue.
Solution 1: Verify Internet Explorer Settings
The Majority of the payroll update error occurs because of incompatible internet explorer settings. So, we suggest you ensure your Internet Explorer settings, as mentioned below:
1.Make Internet Explorer as your default browser
- Launch Internet Explorer on your system. Ensure that you have “IE” configured in your system. If not, first download & install it.
- Now go to the Gear icon on the top right corner.
- Further, click on Internet Options.
- Click on “Make Default” under the Programs tab.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
2.Check that computer Date & Time is correct
- Go to the “Date and Time” section on the bottom-right corner of your computer screen.
- Click to open the “Date & Time” Window. You will find a small window that appears on your screen.
- Now click to select Change “Date and Time” Settings.” You can also find this settings menu in the Control Panel.
- After clicking, the “Date & Time” window will appear on your screen that displays a clock.
- Here click on “Change date and time” and select the correct date and Time.
- Further, click on the “Change time zone” link and select the correct time zone.
- Click on “Apply” and later click on “OK.”
- Now run the QuickBooks Payroll updates once again to check if the issue is still coming back.
3.Ensure Cipher Strength
- Launch the Internet Explorer
- Type in https://www.intuit.com/ in the address bar
- Press the “Alt” key on your keyboard.
- A menu bar will appear on your screen.
- Click on the file and further click on “Properties.”
- Look for the number before the phrase “bit encryption,” under connection.
- If the cipher strength is less than 128 bits, it indicates that your Internet Explorer browser is not with 128-bit encryption. To run the QuickBooks application smoothly, ensure your browser have 128-bit encryption. So, please consider installing Internet Explorer 11 that has cipher strength of over 128-bit.
4.Update Internet Explorer & Windows Firewall settings
- Delete all the temporary Internet files and stored cache files.
- Click to select LAN settings on the connection tab.
- check the box SSL2.0 and SSL3.0.next to “Automatically Detect Settings.”
- Add QuickBooks Application in Windows Firewall “Exclusion List”
After ensuring Internet Explorer settings, run the payroll updates once again and check if the QuickBooks Error code 15276 is still showing up on your computer screen. In case the issue persists, then it may be possible that there are faults in your QuickBooks application settings. We have mentioned some of the troubleshooting methods that are well proven and recommended by QuickBooks Pro Advisors.
Solution 2: Install a digital signature certificate
It is essential to import the digital signature certificate to verify the authenticity of the QuickBooks application you are using. When DSC is not installed, QB is unable to perform any task because Internet Explorer needs proof of identity to allow access to information or services on the Internet.
- Press Windows +E on your keyboard to launch Windows File Manager.
- Type in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the search bar.
- Hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard and search for the QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder.
- Make the right click on the QBW32.exe file and click to choose properties.
- Here in this step, check the list of the Digital Signature under the “Digital Signature” tab.
- Click on the Details on the Intuit Inc digital Signature.
- Now click on the “View Certificate” option under the Digital Signature Details window.
- Now click on the “Install Certificate” option under the Certificate window.
- Click on the “Next” button until you get the “Finish” option.
- Click Finish and restart your system.
Once the process is completed, rerun the QuickBooks payroll updates if the error code is still showing on the screen. In case the issue exists, then we suggest you check the subscription of the payroll.
Solution3: Check your subscription inactive
Follow the steps carefully to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 15276.
- Launch the QuickBooks Application and go to the “Employees tab.”
- Under the “Employees tab,” choose the option “My Payroll Services.”
- Further, click on “Manage Service Key.”
- Now click on “View” to check the status of your service key. Ensure that it is Active.
- If you found status as Not Active, then click on “Add” and enter the service key that you have received through email.
- Click on the “OK” button and rerun the application.
After running the payroll updates once again, if the error message still exists, we suggest you reset the QuickBooks Desktop Update.
Solution 4: Reset the QuickBooks Desktop Update
Resetting QuickBooks desktop update is necessary, as QB versions should be compatible with the updated version to download the latest released updates successfully. Follow the steps attentively to reset QuickBooks desktop update and get rid of error 15276.
- Launch the QuickBooks Application on your system
- Go to the “Help” section.
- Select “Update QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Further, click on “Update Now” from the top to start the update.
- Click Get Updates
- Once your QuickBooks application is updated successfully, click on “Close.”
- Further, close the QB software and move on to the next step.
End Qbwebconnector.exe file
- Start your computer and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete together on the keyboard to launch the task manager.
- Further, click on the processes tab.
- Now go to the “Qbwebconnector.exe.”
- Click on the “End Process.”
Further, run the payroll update once again to check if the issue is still there. If the problem still exists, then switch to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 5: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Follow the steps carefully to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 15276
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- Now download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Further, save the file in the preferred location.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub file you had downloaded recently
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the tool and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install is completed, click twice on the icon on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub.
- On the tool hub, select Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix my Program.
Once the process is complete, consider running the payroll update once again to check if the error persists. If you have re encountered the problem, then try implementing the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 6: Verify the Payroll Service Key in QuickBooks
Verifying the payroll service key is considered as an ultimate remedy to get rid of payroll update error. Here we have mentioned comprehensive steps to verify payroll service key. Please follow all the steps to fix this error.
- Launch QuickBooks Application and go to the Employees tab.
- The Dropdown menu will open up. Go to the My Payroll Service and choose Manage Service Key.
- You would find payroll service listed under the QB Service Key window. If you didn’t find your payroll service listed, then click on “Add.”Otherwise, click on “Edit.”
- Once you click on “Edit,” note your Service Key and then click on “Remove.”
- Further, click on “Yes.”
- Now click on “add.”
- Here type in your Service Key and Employer Identification Number.
- Click on “Next” and further “Finish” to complete the process.
- Now go to the Payroll Update window and click on “OK.”
- Ensure that your payroll subscription is showing an “Active Status.”
- Rerun the payroll update.
All the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above are easy to implement and are well proven. Hope you found this troubleshooting guide effective, and you were able to eradicate the issue. In case you are still getting the error message, then consider contacting QuickBooks ProAdvisor +1-877-349-3776 through its dedicated helpline number.
Related Article:- QuickBooks Error 6000 -83