How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060?
Have you encountered “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable”? If yes, then it is because of QuickBooks payroll error PS060, which usually occurs when Intuit’s server is down, or you might be using an outdated version of QB software. It is very important to fix the issue immediately because the user would not be able to access payroll until the problem is resolved.
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060 is a Payroll service server error or payroll connection error, which appears when users attempt to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks. If you are also getting the error message on your screen and looking for effective resolving methods, then look no further and read this comprehensive tutorial till the end.After receiving several requests to create a guide on “How to get rid of QuickBooks payroll error PS060?”, we have finally created an easy to implement troubleshooting solution along with the possible causes.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
There are many technical reasons like expired payroll subscription and internet issues that may lead to QuickBooks error PS060. To resolve the issue, it is highly recommended to know about its main causes. When a user has an idea about the main reasons behind the occurrence of error PS060, then it gets easy for them to apply the right troubleshooting methods.
- Invalid security certificate or digital signature certificate
- When the user tries to send payroll data in multi-user mode.
- A network time-out or internet issues prevent QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the server.
- General Internet connection issues.
- Personal firewall software or any other third party security software settings.
- Incorrect system date and time and cipher strength are less than 128-bit.
Different Methods fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060.
Here is the list of all effective troubleshooting solutions that will help you to eliminate QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060. Follow the solutions carefully to get favorable results.
Solution 1: Reboot Your Computer System
Many pro advisors have claimed that rebooting your system eliminates many technical issues going on with your QuickBooks application. So, we have listed this method as the first troubleshooting solution. Please follow each step carefully to check if this solution works for you.
- Press Window Key on your keyboard and go to the power menu, where you will see a clickable shutdown tab with an arrow.
- Click the arrow icon and further select “Restart” from the list and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, try to send payroll data once again to check if the issue persists.
If the error message is still coming back, then please ensure you are not working on a multi-user mode. However, you are sending payroll data under single-user mode and still getting the issue; then, we suggest you move on to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 2: Check your Time & Date Settings
Most of the Qb error occurs because of incorrect settings of the computer like incorrect date & time of the system. So, if you are encountering the QuickBooks error PS060, then ensure if time & date is correct. Follow the steps carefully to check your system’s date & time.
- Go to the “Date and Time” section on the bottom-right corner of your computer screen.
- Click to open the “Date & Time” Window. You will find a small window that appears on your screen.
- Now click to select Change “Date and Time” Settings.” You can also find this settings menu in the Control Panel.
- After clicking, the “Date & Time” window will appear on your screen that displays a clock.
- Here click on “Change date and time” and select the correct date and time.
- Further, click on the “Change time zone” link and select the correct time zone.
- Click on “Apply” and later click on “OK.”
- Now send the payroll data once again to check if the issue is still coming back.
If the error is still coming back, then go to the next solutions and see if that method turns out to be helpful.
Solution 3: Delete Temporary Internet Files
Follow the steps carefully to get rid of temporary files stored in your system and send payroll data without any hassle.
- Press the Window key on your keyboard or click on the window icon from the lower-left corner of your screen.
- The start menu will appear on your screen. Here you find a small search bar along with different listed options.
- Type in “Disk Cleanup” in the search box and press the “enter” key on your keyboard.
- In this step, click to select the drive you want to clean and further click on “OK.” It will take a while to calculate how much space you will be able to free.
- Under “Disk Cleanup,” select “Clean up system files.”
- Further, select the file type and click on the “OK” button.
Once the disk cleanup process is finished, follow the steps mentioned below to complete this troubleshooting process.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Further Click to Select Tools
- Now go to the “Internet Options” and select the “General” tab under it.
- In the Browsing History section, select Delete.
- Click to Select Delete.
- Ensure Temporary Internet files and website files are selected.
- Select Delete and further click on OK.
- Now restart your system and run the payroll updates once again.
After implementing the above solutions, if you are still facing the issue, then move on to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 6: Rectify General Internet & Software Issues
Here is the list of settings that you are required to check for ensuring flawless internet access.
- Ensure Internet Explorer is your Default Browser.
- You are using the latest IE version i.e., Internet Explorer 11
- You have the latest windows editions.
- Ensure you are sending “Switch to Single-user Mode.”
- Ensure “Automatically Detect Settings” is enabled.
- Ensure Cipher Strength is not less than 128-bit.
After ensuring the settings mentioned above, try to send the payroll data once again and check if the error persists. In case the error is still showing, then it may be possible it is happening because of an inactive payroll subscription.
Solution 7: Validate Your Payroll Subscription
Follow the steps carefully and enable your payroll subscription.
- Launch the QuickBooks Application and go to the “Employees tab.”
- Under the “Employees tab,” choose the option “My Payroll Services.”
- Further, click on “Manage Service Key.”
- Now click on “View” to check the status of your service key. Ensure that it is Active.
- If you found status as Not Active, then click on “Add” and enter the service key that you have received through email.
- Click on the “OK” button and rerun the application.
- Further, try to send payroll data once again.
If the error still exists, then switch to the next solution mentioned below.
Solution 8: Ensure QuickBooks Desktop Internet Connection
Follow each step carefully and get rid of the issue.
- Launch Internet Explorer to start the troubleshooting steps
- Now click on the “gear icon” from the top right corner.
- Further, choose Internet Options.
- In this step, go to the “Security tab” and click on the “Globe Icon” at the top.
- Make sure the security is not set to High. It should be up to “medium-high.”
- Under the “Connection tab,” click to select “Never Dial a Connection.”If you use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system, then ensure that you choose the right ISP.
- Further, click on “OK” to proceed.
- Go to the “LAN Settings” and ensure if the “Automatically Detect Settings” is enabled. If no, then click in the checkbox adjacent to the option “Automatically Detect Settings.”
- Further, make sure that the “Use a Proxy Server” option is disabled.
- If you have not unchecked “Use a Proxy Server,”; then enter the complete address and port. Moreover, if the port is not 80, then make sure you don’t uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server.” If the port is 80, then only you can uncheck the option.
- Now click on “OK” and go to the “Advanced tab.”
- Here choose “Restore Advanced Settings.”
- Further, scroll down to the Use TLS 1.0 checkbox.
- Ensure if the checkbox adjacent to “TLS 1.0” is checked and “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” are unchecked.
- If yes, then further click on “OK.”
- Close Internet Explorer to apply all the changes made.
Solution 9: Configure Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
In most of the cases, when a user encounters “QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060”; then the reason behind it is nothing but the windows firewall or any third-party security software, which is restricting QB application to access the server. Follow the steps mentioned below to allow access to QB and resolve the QB payroll error PS060 issue.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard.
- A search bar will open along with the “Start Menu.”
- Type in “Windows Firewall” in the search bar.
- You will be shown a few options to choose from based on your search inputs.
- Click on the “Windows Firewall” option to select.
- Further, go to the “Advanced Settings” from the left menu bar.
- Now click on the “Advanced Settings.”
- “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” will open up on the screen.
- Further, click on the “Inbound Rules.”
- Select “New Rule” and further select the correct port.
- Click on “Next” and ensure that the TCP is selected.
- Enter the correct port for the version of your QuickBooks Desktop. You can refer to the port list mentioned below.
- QuickBooks 2019 port number is 8019
- QuickBooks 2018 port numbers are 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks 2017, it is 56276, 55368-55372.
- Select “Allow Connection” and further click on “Next.”
- Please check if all the files mentioned above are check marked.
- Further, click on “Next” and enter a name for this new rule.
- Now click on “Finish” and implement the same steps to set up the Outbound rule.
We have mentioned the whole nine yards of solutions to resolve or get rid of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060 in this guide and hope you were able to reap the benefits of these troubleshooting solutions. However, if you were unable to fix the issue on your own, then we suggest you connect with a certified QuickBooks Proadvisor for assistance. To get the problem fixed related to payroll, you can call on QB’s dedicated helpline number +1-800-729-1746 or write an email to QuickBooks online help.