QuickBooks Web Connector: How to Download & Install
QuickBooks Web Connector allows the users to exchange data with QB desktop products like Intuit Point of Sale and QB Financial Software. This is a type of MS Window App with the help of which you can design the application that is capable of communicating with the remote version of QB. This software is compatible with all computers that share the information between QBD and Nexonia. This tool creates a file with extension .qwc and helps to establish a connection between the remote version of QuickBooks and Application. This XML file can be automatically opened by QWC and is designed to communicate with QB desktop products. If you are interested in knowing about the important points regarding this tool, then read the blog to the end and find the information as needed.
Steps to Install QWC with Ease
Wondering how to install & setup QuickBooks Web Connector? It is imperative to know the complete procedure to install the QBC to avoid further hiccups. Below are mentioned the steps that are included in this process.
- To initiate the procedure, open your preferred browser and get the installer of the QuickBooks Web Connector downloaded. Thereafter, you will get a zipped file of QWC.
- Unzip the download installer file and then run the .exe file.
- You will have to follow the procedure given on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Please note down the fact that you might have to install some of the Window Components if necessary.
How to Add an Application in QWC?
If you want to add an application in the QuickBooks Web Connector, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- To begin the process, click to open the Web Connector and tap on the Add Application option.
- Browse the system browser and search for the third-party application’s file. It is important to note down the fact that this file must be downloaded to your system.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, select the file to open the same.
Procedure to stop the Automatic Opening of QWC
If you wish to stop the automatic opening of QuickBooks Web Connector, then you can easily follow these given steps and get your task done with ease. The process might vary from one Windows to other. Check out your Windows version and then follow the procedure.
For Windows 7
- Go to the Windows Start Button and visit the All Programs.
- Choose the Start-up option.
- Click on the QWC file to open the same.
- Tap on the Delete option.
- Once you get the delete shortcut message, click on the same.
For Windows 8 and 10
- Press Window + R to open the Run Window.
- Type in the shell: startup and then tap on OK.
Benefits of Downloading QuickBooks Web Connector
QWC is one of the important software to be installed on your computer that is capable of creating specially designed web services such as web-based applications. There are multiple benefits to download the same and some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- It makes automatic scheduling possible with QB web services.
- It can be used with Intuit desktop products.
- This software is available for free and thus anyone can easily get the same.
- It allows exchanging data with QB desktop products in the least possible time.
Although this software is easy to use but at the end of the day, it is just a tool and that is prone to glitches. While using the same, you may face QuickBooks Web Connector Error with different codes such as 1005, 1009, 1020, 1022, 1035, 1037 etc. These errors are complex and thus, demand a quick fix. Call support for QWC and get these errors solved within a little or no time.
How to Set Up a Contractor in QuickBooks Online