How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
QuickBooks is the prominent Accounting and bookkeeping Software that is widely used by the business owners to manage their account and finances. This software is mainly designed to facilitate the business process and to make your professional life easy. However, just like any other software or tool, this is also prone to errors and you might face some bugs while using the same. One such issue is QuickBooks Error 6000 77. It arises when the user tries to access the Company File. Let’s find out about the reasons for its occurrence and some practical solutions to fix this issue here.
Causes of Error 6000 77
Before turning to the solutions, it is important to know the possible causes that lead to the Error 6000 77. Some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- Company File is opened with a reference from the mapped drive.
- The Company File is available on the storage rather than any local drive.
- The presence of Incorrect Folder Permission that comprises the Company File.
- Communication issues while using the multi-user mode can also lead to the occurrence of Error 6000 77.
Solutions to Fix Error 6000 77
There are multiple solutions to fix this issue and the user can pick any of them to get rid of this problem. The fixes available for QuickBooks Error 6000 77 are:
Solution 1: Run the File Doctor from QB Tools Hub
The first and foremost solution to eradicate this issue is to download the QB Tools Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor. Now you can check.
Solution 2: Use the UNC Path instead of the Mapped Drive
- Click on the QB icon on your desktop and press the Ctrl key and click ‘Run as Administrator’.
- The user must have to hold the Ctrl key until you will get the No Company Open window on your screen. It is important to note down the fact that holding down the Ctrl key avoids Intuit desktop from opening the Company File automatically.
- Go to the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company and get your Company File opened and click to the Next button.
- Select Network in the left pane and jump to the location of your Company File. Please note down the fact that if you cannot find the folder where you have saved the Company File, and then you will have to set folder permissions.
- Thereafter, select the Company File and click the same to open.
Solution 3: Get the Firewall and security software settings configured
Yet another solution to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is to configure the firewall and security software settings. Use the below-mentioned procedure and get rid of this error instantly.
- To initiate the process, configure the Firewall Port Settings in an automatic.
- The user will have to manually configure exceptions for all ports of the firewall.
- Install any antivirus defender on your computer or else configure it appropriately.
Solution 4: Rename .ND and .TLG Files
Before using this solution, it is essential to know the fact that .ND and.TLD files allow the users to work in the multi-user mode. If these files are corrupted, then it might cause problems and lead to the error and thus it is advised to rename the same. Renaming the file doesn’t cause any loss of data since it recreates automatically while opening the Company File.
- Go to the folder where the Company File is saved.
- Make a search for the files with the same name as Company with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Click on such files and change its name. Don’t forget to add .old once you add the extension.
- To complete the process Press Done.
Solution 5: Create the damaged folder again
- First of all, you have to create a new folder in the C drive.
- Now, go to the folder that contains the Company File.
- Find out the file with .qbw extension.
- Click on such file and select Copy.
- Open the new folder that was created in the first step and paste the copied file there.
- Set the permissions to share the Company File.
- Reopen the QB Desktop and launch the file from the new location.
Related Article:- QuickBooks Error Code 80070057