How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80 ?
QuickBooks Error 6000 80 occurs when the user tries to access the Company File or wishes to create the new file on the Intuit Desktop. Owing to this error, the software won’t allow access to the user and it surely hampers the workflow of the business which in turn affects the productivity. Let’s find out some of the possible causes that lead to this error along with some practical solutions that can fix the same without seeking any professional help.
Causes of QB Error 6000 80
The error -6000, -80 is generally caused due to the causes mentioned underneath. Try to avoid such causes if possible or else use the method to fix the same. The possible causes are:
- When the hosting is active on several computers operating Intuit over the network QuickBooks Data File.
- When QB is unable to communicate with the Company File present on the host or server computer.
- Owing to the damage of the Company File.
- When the file size is too large.
- When the QB data is restored over a network that has been done locally.
Methods to Fix QB Error 6000 80
Before turning to the solutions, it is imperative to know the fact that QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 not only occurs on the Intuit Multi-User Environment but on the single-user environment as well. Read on to find some of the best solutions that can fix this error in less than no time.
For Single-User Mode
Solution 1: Download QB Data File Diagnostic Tool to Identify Data Damage in QB Data File
- First of all, download and run QB Data File Diagnostic Tool in the Administrative Mode.
- If the tool finds some kind of damage in the Company File, then you can try out either of the two options mentioned below:
- Get your QB data recovered with the help of QB Auto Data Recovery Tool.
- Get the most recent backup restored that was taken just a day before this error occurred.
- If still you are facing the error, then it means your Company File has met with some serious damage that should be fixed by the QB experts immediately.
- However, if you don’t detect any of the problems but still you are facing the error then must try out the next solution.
Solution 2: Copy the File to the Local Drive
- Initiate a search for the backup file that you have restored just a day before QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 occurs.
- Get the backup restored in the local drive in a folder.
- You will have to open and verify the Company File to get it updated.
- Get the file copied to the original file location. It is advised to overwrite the existing one before you copy the same.
- Once you are done with these steps, try to open the file again and check whether the error is still occurring or not.
For Multi-User Mode
Solution 1: Use QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
- This tool is mainly designed to find out the QB 6000 series error on the Intuit Desktop and thus download this tool from the internet and proceed to the next step.
- The user will have to accept all terms and conditions before installing the same.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until the installation process is complete.
- If the file opened successfully, then it means your connection is absolutely fine and the QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 is fixed; however, if you still find trouble, then copy the file to the local drive and try to fix this issue. The method to copy the file is mentioned above in the Single-User Mode.
Hope these above-mentioned solutions will surely help you in troubleshooting this error; however, if unfortunately you still face the QuickBooks error, then don’t waste time and immediately call support to get it fixed.