QuickBooks is the prominent accounting software that is specially designed for the small and medium-sized business owners. However, there is no denying the fact that at the end of the day it is just software and is thus prone to the errors. One such issue is QuickBooks Error H505. This error appears when you try to open the Company File which doesn’t exist on the computer. It also appears when the Company File needs an additional configuration. Let’s find out some of the possible causes of this error along with the solutions for the same.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
The QuickBooks Error H202 is an H series & multi-user access-related issue, It occurs when a User tries to Access the QuickBooks Company file in multi-user settings. It shows something is blocking the multi-user connection to the server.
What is Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Multi-User mode is one of the important features in QuickBooks where multiple users can access & work simultaneously in company files from different workstations with different networks. Working on the company file within a multi-user mode is as simple as opening a file on your local workstation.
What are the Root Causes Behind the QuickBooks Error Code H505?
There are multiple causes that lead to the error H505; however, the major cause is associated with the multi-user mode. When the user tries to access the Company File that is located on another computer, this error happens. For more information, find about the possible causes of this error here.
1. Damage network data file that is restricting the QB from opening files over the network.
2. Service like QBFCMonitor is not activated on the PC. It is important to initiate some important services to run the QB smoothly. However, when these services are not activated, it gives rise to a bunch of errors.
3. Inappropriate settings of Hosting configuration might lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error H505 on the system.
4. Yet another cause of this error is the absence of the IP Address of the host computer. It is important to have the IP address while using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
5. Incorrect Firewall setting can also lead to this error.
6. Last but not least, the cause is the wrong DNS setting. It is the much possible cause of this error on the Intuit System.
What are the Symptoms of behind the QuickBooks Error H505?
After getting well-versed with the possible causes of the QB Error H505, now it is high time to know the symptoms of this error owing to which you can get to know the presence of this issue on your system. Let’s check out some of the symptoms here.
1. When QuickBooks Error H505 arises, it immediately crashes the active program window.
2. If this error is present on your system, then it might crash the laptop when running the same program.
3. The error message stating QuickBooks Error H505 will be displayed on the screen over and over again.
4. The window starts operating sluggishly and responds very slowly to the mouse and on any keyboard input.
5. The computer starts freezing on a periodic basis for several seconds in a given time frame.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
As already explained, that QB is just software and thus, it is prone to glitches that might hamper your work and productivity. However, there is no need to worry as there are multiple solutions to root out this error completely from your system. Some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience. One can try out either one of them or all to get rid of this issue in less than no time.
Solution #1: Create a new Company File folder
The first solution to eradicate QuickBooks Error H505 from your system is to create a new Company File folder. For this, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, the user will have to generate a Replacement Folder on the hosting computer.
- Thereafter, you can share the authentic folder along with the Windows Access permissions to get the Company File shared.
- If you are unable to access the digital computer, then connect with an IT professional immediately to deal with this issue.
- Get the .qbw file copied in the multi-user mode again in the new folder.
- The user can now access the Company File.
Solution #2: Access the QB ports to transmit knowledge
This involves several steps which are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
Step 1: Get the Firewall Settings Configured
- First of all, go to the Windows Firewall Settings and click on the Windows option and tap on the Instrument Panel.
- Click on the Search Bar and type Firewall and enter.
- Go to the left side and click on the Outbound Rules. Select the New Rule section.
- Now, you will have to select the ports and tap on the Next button.
- You will then have to click on TCP and enter the local ports.
- Tap on the Next and select the option that says Allow the Connection.
- Click on the name field and press the Finish button.
- Now, you will have to repeat steps 1 to 5 for the inbound rules.
- The user will have to go to the multi-user mode again and access the QB software.
Step 2: Turn the network discover option on
- Access the control panel and press the System and Security button.
- Click on the Windows Firewall.
- Visit the permit associate app in the left pane on the Windows Firewall.
- Click on the modification option.
- Select the network discovery option and apply OK to turn it on.
Step 3: Get to know the name of your server
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Command. Here, you will have to type the cmd and click on the enter button.
- Enter config/ all in the search bar and tap Enter.
- Look out for the host name in the IP configuration section.
- There, you will have to see the server name on the right.
- Save the changes and eradicate QuickBooks Error H505.
Solution #3: Check Hosting Services
This solution too involves several different steps to be carried out. Let’s find out these steps here.
Step 1: Verify Hosting
- The user will have to open the QB on every workstation.
- Click to select the file and press the utilities.
- If the user finds the Host multi-user access on the list, then it means that this computer is not hosting the Company File.
- If you find Host multi-user access on the workstation, then you can take a step to move out the same onto the next system. Note down the fact that you cannot make any changes here.
- Tap on the option that says Stop Hosting the Multi-User access.
- You will have to repeat steps 1 to 3 on each computer.
Step 2: Get the QB services verified
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box. There you will have to type MSC and click on the Enter button.
- In the windows search bar, enter services.msc and tap to open the same.
- You need to scroll down in the services window and look out for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Click on the service and make sure that the startup kind is ready to be automatic.
- Tap on the Recovery tab.
- If you are unable to open the same automatically, then open it manually and do the same thing for any other failure.
- Press Ok to save changes.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps for QBFCMonitor Service and eradicate QuickBooks Error H505.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.