How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904?
QuickBooks Error 1904 message pops up on the screen when the critical files start missing. This is the result of the damaged file component or the inappropriate file location. It is a common error and it usually occurs when your system doesn’t get maintained often. In the simple language, this error message appears when the required components don’t get synchronized when you update the operating system. The user must have to fix this problem instantly to avoid the further damage. Let’s find out about the causes of this error and how to fix the same here.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1904?
The computer necessitates a reboot after any kind of update and if you don’t reboot the system, then you will have to encounter such errors. QB Error 1904 can occur because of many reasons and some of them are mentioned here for the user’s sake of convenience.
- Damaged or missing components
- Issue with an installation source
- It might occur because of the low maintenance of the system
- Glitches with hard drive read and write permissions
- No updates on the QuickBooks Desktop and computer.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 1402
How to Fix Error Code 1904 Problem?
If you see a message about QuickBooks Error 1904 on the system, then there is no need to worry. All you have to do is follow any of the below-mentioned solutions to get things back on track.
Solution 1 – Run the QB Diagnostic Tool Installed from the Tools Hub
The first and the most common solution to fix this issue is to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on the desktop. Follow the step-by-step procedure given here.
Step 1: Get the Intuit Tool Hub Downloaded and Installed
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub and save the file wherever you want.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Follow the guidelines mentioned on the screen and agree to all terms and conditions to install the tool hub.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 6073
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now, double click the QB Tools Hub icon to open the same.
- Choose Installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Run Diagnostic Tool and let it run to solve Error 1904. It might take up to 20 minutes to complete the process.
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Fix the Windows Components Manually
Yet another best solution to get this problem solved is to fix the Window components manually. The procedure is mentioned here.
- Beginning is to be done with uninstalling the QB desktop
- Thereafter, you can rename all Intuit and QuickBooks folders manually.
- Again install the QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Let the QB Diagnostic Tool run on your system.
Solution 3: Change your Windows Account Setting
The next best solution to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 is to change your Windows account setting. For this, you will first have to switch to the Administrator account by following the below-mentioned guidelines.
Step 1: Switch to Windows Admin Account
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Find CMD into the search and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the command ‘net user administrator/ active:yes’ and close the window when the command is completed.
- Again open the Start Menu and choose Sign Out.
- Login with the Administrator Account.
Also Read: QuickBooks Update Error 15243
Step 2: Change User Permissions
- Click on the Start Menu and open the File Explorer.
- Choose the Common Files Folder; right-click the same to select Properties.
- Jump to the Security Tab and select Edit.
- Choose ‘Users’ in the Group or Users name.
- Turn on the permissions like Modify, Read and Execute, List of Contents, Read, Write.
- Click on OK to apply changes.
Step 3: Reinstall QB to solve Error 1904 and sign out
- Reinstall the QB and sign out from the administrator account.
- Enter CMD in the search and right-click the same to run it as the administrator.
- Enter the command ‘net user administrator/ active:no’. This will hide your administrator account and now you are good to go.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.