As the name suggests, QuickBooks Update Error 1328 is the update error in the QuickBooks application. In other words, the user is not able to update the QuickBooks application. This is regarded as the most common error the users face while updating the QuickBooks application. While the user tries to install the application, they might have chosen the wrong method. Always install and update the QuickBooks application from its official website only.
Other websites might have viruses or spyware that can corrupt your computer system. However, QuickBooks Update Error 1328 is noted to cause internal damage to your computer system as well as your QuickBooks company files. So, it is recommended to solve this error as soon as you detect it.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks is used all over the world as it provides immense help in the effortless supervision of Financial and Accounting work. Sometimes you get a message of error code while uninstalling, installing, or updating QB, and that is known as QuickBooks Error 1328. It is important to fix this error without wasting any time; check out the solutions of this error from the below-mentioned information.
Though QB is an amazing software and it keeps updating its techniques and features to provide a better experience to the users, errors are meant to occur. So, if you are facing error code 1328, then get help to resolve this from this post.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 2107
Why does Error 1328 Occur?
There are various reasons due to which this error occurs. Some common mistakes and causes behind this error are-
- Installing the QuickBooks Version in the different license number.
- Wrong downloads of software.
- Network error, when the software is in the installing or downloading process.
- Improper shut down of the computer.
- Malware attack on the computer.
- Any corrupted software file can cause this error.
- Improper QuickBooks Software Installation.
- Any third-party restriction can cause this error to occur. Third-party software like firewall restriction can result in this error.
- There can be many programs that are running in the background that interfere with the installation of the QuickBooks application.
- There is a similar error called QuickBooks Error 1603 that can cause this error.
- In rare cases, an unstable internet connection can also result in this error.
All these are the major reasons due to which your QB shows an error message, QuickBooks Error 1328.
What are the Symptoms of the QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
The following are the notable symptoms that help in identifying the QuickBooks Update Error 1328:
- An error message box will flash on your computer that contains the error code like this: “QuickBooks Update Error 1328 occurred: QuickBooks is not able to update your QuickBooks application due to an unexpected error. We‘re sorry for the inconvenience.”
- Your windows programs that are currently actively running will suddenly crash down.
- The QuickBooks application screen will freeze after the error message display on your computer screen.
- You may also face the QuickBooks Error 1712 along with this error.
- You will experience that the error messages will continuously pop-up on your computer screen whenever you try to update your QuickBooks application.
- The QuickBooks users will notice that the windows inputs like mouse and keyboard have stopped responding to a command. In some cases, a very slow response is detected.
Some Quick Tricks that can Resolve the QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Below are some of the quick tricks that help in resolving the QuickBooks Update Error 1328:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the QuickBooks application or not?. The error can be caused if you are updating a very older version of QuickBooks software. The older version means the 2013 or earlier version. Try to monthly update your QuickBooks application. This will help in preventing many minor errors that happen in QuickBooks.
- Check that you have stable and good internet connectivity. If there is an issue with the network connection, try to solve this as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you have installed an un-corrupted file from the QuickBooks official website. Don’t download the QuickBooks files from any other websites.
- Verify that there is no restriction on QuickBooks in any of the third-party software’s settings. Especially, check the anti-virus settings, if there is a restriction on QuickBooks, then disable it right away.
- Make sure to close all the programs that are running in the background when you try to update your QuickBooks application. As some active programs might interfere with the QuickBooks servers.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328?
There are various methods to eradicate this error. Apply any of them as per your preference.
Method 1 – Repair the Window Installation process
- Start this process by logging in as an administrator to the Windows.
- Choose the “Programs and Features” option after opening the control panel.
- From the available list, click on the “QuickBooks” option, followed by the “Uninstall” option.
- When you will see a QuickBooks uninstaller, choose the “Repair” option.
- After this, you are required to run the QuickBooks Repair on your system. After completing the repair process, apply the security patch.
Method 2 – Locate the config.mis file
- This is another solution to QuickBooks Error 1328. Move to the “Start” button after locating the config.msi file, and make a right-click on it.
- Select the “Explore” option and perform a double-click on the “C” drive.
- Click on the “Tools” option and select the folder.
- After this, click on the “View” option available in the toolbar.
- Select all the hidden folders and files.
- Make a click to apply it and hit the “OK” button.
- All the important system files are required to be operated now.
- Right-click on the config.msi, and choose the rename option.
- Add the .old extension at the end of the file name and rename it.
- Press the “Enter” key.
Method 3 – Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Implement the following steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1328.
- From the official site of QB, download the QB install diagnostic tool on your system.
- After the completion of the download, the tool will appear in your desktop. Save it.
- Close all the programs.
- Run the downloaded tool.
- Lastly, restart the system.
- Check that all the components are updated or not?
Method 4 – Repair registered tool application
- To repair the damaged registry entries on QB, it is very important to run any Registry Repair Tool.
- Use a malware removal tool to fix all the malware infection and remove all the available malware in your system.
- After this, remove all the junk and unwanted files from your system and uninstall the outdated PC device drivers.
- From the “Recent System Changes,” select the “undo” option to restore it.
- Now, uninstall QB and reinstall it.
- Scan your PC after running the “Windows System File Checker.”
- Install the essential Windows Update.
Method 5: Run ‘Clean Install Tool’ on your system
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is created to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application cleanly and without any external viruses. You can download the tool by visiting the official website of QuickBooks, or you can install QuickBooks Tools Hub and run the tool. Following are the steps to run the tool via QuickBooks Tools Hub:
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub official website and install the application by following the instructions.
- Open your QuickBooks Tools Hub application.
- From the menu bar, choose the ‘Installation Issues’ menu.
- You will see three different repair tools in a green-colored button.
- Select the ‘Clean Install Tool’ at the bottom.
- Run the tool on your computer.
- This tool will cleanly install the QuickBooks application in your system.
- You will get a confirmation message that the application is successfully installed on your system.
- After that, shut-down your computer and restart again.
- Check if the QuickBooks application is installed or not.
Method 6: Check your firewall settings
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option on your desktop.
- After that, move to the ‘Firewall’ settings.
- Check if there is a restriction on the QuickBooks application, then slide it to ‘Disable’ it.
- Now, close the settings and shut-down your computer.
- Restart the system.
- Try to install the QuickBooks application again.
These are different methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328. Still, facing the issue? Contact QuickBooks Experts and get instant help at any time.
Read more Related Articles:-
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Status Code 1118
How to use the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks Error 404
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 -1074