How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177 0?
Are you fed up with the pop-up message of QuickBooks Error 6177 on your screen? Is this error troubling your work? If so, then read on and find the perfect solution to get rid of the same. This error mainly arises when the user tries to access the Company File. According to this error, Intuit is unable to follow the path for opening the Company File and the error message displayed on the screen is – QB is attempting to open the Company File. It is imperative to eradicate this error as soon as possible to enjoy the smooth functioning of Intuit. Also, the user must know the fact that you must have the latest version of QuickBooks to fix this error easily. Let’s find out about the causes and solutions to fix this issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6177
There are multiple causes of this error and some of them are mentioned here for the sake of users’ convenience.
- The file or file path may get corrupted.
- Malware or virus Infections
- Deletion of QB related system file
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Methods to Fix Error 6177
QuickBooks Error 6177 doesn’t allow the user to access or open the Company File and the error message keeps on appearing on the screen. This can be really frustrating and, therefore, it is essential to remove this error for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks Desktop. Below are mentioned some of the practical solutions that will help you in resolving this error.
Solution 1: Transfer Company File to the Hard Drive
- Go to the Company File and open the C Drive via server.
- Click to open the Company File by using QB.
- Now, you will have to create the portable file and save it in the local C Drive.
- Close the Company File and get the portable file restored by saving it to the server.
- Once you are done with this, choose the Company File and open it from the server.
Solution 2: Resolve Error 6177 Manually
- Close all program files, before starting this process.
- delete automatically generated Network Descriptor file.
- Now, open the specific folder that comprises the Company File and search for the file that have .ND extension.
- Right-click the file and click to delete the same.
- Arrange the QuickBooks Database Manager and follow the guidelines to check whether you have permission to access the file or not.
- Visit the Setup folder permissions web page and ensure that permissions are set accurately for sharing the files.
- If you want to set permissions for QB, then get all options cleared and select QuickBooks.
- Now, you will have to open the Company File via the local path.
- It is important that the Company File must be located on the network as file opening on the Hosting System can then lead to the QuickBooks Error 6177.
- Create another folder by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Computer by pressing Windows + E.
- Click to open the C drive and create a new folder.
- Open the new data folder and copy the company file in the created folder.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 61
Configure QB Database Manager
- Click on the Windows Icon, select QuickBooks in the Programs tab and click on the QB Database Manager.
- Find the Company File in the Add Folder option and click on the Ok option.
- Repeat the previous step and tap on the Scan button.
- Go to the Setup Folder Permissions and get the Company File Access permission verified to share a file web page.
- Now open the Company File through the local path.
Still, facing QuickBooks Error 6177? Reach out to Support for QuickBooks Error and get your issues solved within least or no time.
Read more Related Article:-