Summary of The Article
QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 arises when a user tries to open or restore the company file where QuickBooks company file has issues like improper name, location, or lack of permissions. Error 6000, 83 can be fixed by Running QuickBooks File Doctor or by Updating QuickBooks to the latest version and many others.
Quick Solutions to QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
- When Taking Company File Backup – On the server computer, quit QuickBooks, create a “QB Test” folder on the C: drive, back up your company file to this folder, restore it, and rename the old file if the error is fixed.
- When Restoring Company File Backup – Rename and clean backup file and folder names, then reboot and restore in QuickBooks.
How to Avoid QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
To avoid the QuickBooks Error 6000, 83, Follow the tips listed below
- Make sure to have a proper network setup while creating a backup on an external device or on the server to avoid network issues.
- Make sure to have a clear and easy-to-access name for the backup.
- While creating or restoring the backup, make sure to have administrator writes to avoid obstacles.
- Only use a supportive extension while creating a backup to avoid complexity while restoring.
- Make sure you have given authorized permissions to QuickBooks in the Firewall setting.
- Make sure the antivirus is not blocking QuickBooks Operations
- You always keep a clean backup
- Make sure there are no damaged files in your quickbooks which can lead to file corruption or data damage.
- Always have a backup of your all company files
QuickBooks plays a major role in helping you manage business and finance. It, however, comes with a few bugs and errors which do occur at any time thus time-consuming interrupting the productivity of your company. QuickBooks error 6000 83 is one of such errors that occurs when you attempt to access, restore, or backup the company file.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
➤ Incomplete QuickBooks Installation.
➤ Damaged company folder or file.
➤ Blocking of QuickBooks files by firewall or browser.
➤ Incorrect company file extension.
➤ Hosting of the company file by multiple workstations.
➤ Restricted access by the server to the company file.
➤ Current user lacking clearance to access the company file.
➤ Security software blocking access to QBDataServiceUser.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83?
Various signs help you recognize error 6000 83 in the early stage:
➤ The appearance of 6000 83 error on the screen, thus crashing the program.
➤ Error message is displayed on the screen.
➤ Slow respond and running of windows to the keyboard or mouse.
➤ Freezing of the computer periodically.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83?
Resolve this error according to the action given below; when you try to open the company file, when you try to restore the company file and when you try to create a backup.
Total Time: 22 minutes
Step #1: Trying to Open The Company File
➤ The manual fix of QuickBooks error 6000 83.
➤ Configure the security software settings in favor of QB.
➤ Verification of permissions to use the company file is obtained.
➤ Scanning of the folder in which the company file is stored to create the Network Descriptor file.
➤ Put an end to multi-user access for hosting the company file.
➤ Opening the company file from a different location to the original one by copying the file to another location to open it. If successful, the company file can be copied to the original location.
Step #2: Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
The program provides QuickBooks File Doctor Software that helps to fix QB error 6000 83. The time taken rectifying the file depends on the size of the company file.
Step #3: Turning off all devices trying to gain access to the company file over the network
➤ Turned off all hosting from all computers.
➤ If the message “Hosting multiple user access” still appears, means your pc is not hosting your QuickBooks file.
➤ Click yes on the “stop hosting multiple user access” message.
➤ Click yes on “company file must be closed” and proceed.
➤ Follow the steps in another computer.
Step #4: Attempting to create a backup company file
Follow the steps below.
➤ Create a new folder in drive c.
➤ Create a manual backup and save the new file folder in drive c.
Step #5: Attempting to Restore The Company File
➤ QuickBooks considers the entire file path and name, therefore, ensure there are no special characters in the name and path of the file.
➤ The company file should always be .qbw during backup restoration.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.