How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1603 ?
Have you ever got the message QuickBooks Error 1603, 1601 and 1642 on your screen? Wondering about the reason for their occurrence? Well, these errors simply mean that there is an issue with the install or update file you are using. QB is the eminent Accounting and bookkeeping software that is designed to facilitate the average and small-sized business owners. However, such errors may hamper your work and lead to the further hassle. It is essential to know about the reason for these errors before finding the exact solution for the same. Read on to learn what to do if you see these errors on Intuit desktop.
Causes of QB Error 1603, 1601, and 1642
These QuickBooks error codes 1603, 1601 and 1642 may have different names but they are identical in nature and possess the same causes, symptoms, consequences and troubleshooting methods. The message associated with these errors is:
- Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
- Error 1603: Issue in installing Microsoft.NET framework and the update installer encountered with an internal error.
- Error 1642: Error in installing Microsfit.NET Framework while installing QB
Some of the possible causes owing to which these QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 messages appear on the screen are:
- Damage of Microsoft Windows Installer
- Virus or Malware attack on your system
- The damage of set-up sources
- QuickBooks installation is damaged
- The Windows user doesn’t have enough rights to install or update QB
- Microsoft Windows Installer is corrupted
- Firewall settings are not permitting QB to get updated
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Methods to Fix the QB Error 1603, 1601, and 1642
The solution to fix this issue depends on the condition when this error arises i.e. either at the time of installation or updating your QB software.
When the error appears while installing QB
There is no denying the fact that QB is designed with a complex algorithm and it needs several components to run smoothly. These components must be integrated with QB to initiate the installation procedure. However, if any of the components like Microsoft.NET framework gets missing, then you will get an error message on the screen. Let’s find out the steps that you must take to eradicate QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642.
- You can use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the data missing issues in your Intuit desktop. This tool is very effective and efficient in troubleshooting this issue.
- Get all available updates installed for your Windows Operating System.
- Install the updates that are necessary for the Windows Drivers.
- Contact Microsoft Support or manually fix the .NET framework.
These steps will surely help you in solving the error if it is caused by a missing or damaged .NET framework.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 6073
When the error is caused while updating the QB software
If the user gets this error message while updating the Intuit software, then it is advised to uninstall the software and rename all the existing files and then install the software from the new location. This process is generally known as the clear install or the clean install. Below are mentioned the important steps that should be carried out to fix this issue.
- Get the QB uninstalled. To uninstall the software, follow the procedure given here:
- Go to the Control Panel and click on the Programs and Features section.
- Search for the QB and tap on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts available on-screen and hit the Finish button when the process gets completed.
- Get the installation folders renamed.
- Use the fresh source to reinstall the Intuit Software as the existing source can also cause the error.
If you are still getting QuickBooks Error 1603, 1601 and 1642 messages on the screen, then worry not and get connected with the support to fix these issues quickly. You can also contact the IT professional and get your problem solved in less than no time.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Solution: Get the Diagnostic Tool Installed to Repair the Issues
QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool can instantly diagnose the issue and correct the same in less than no time. To use this procedure, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To begin the process, the user will first have to download the Diagnostic Tool on the system.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the application and run the same so that it can scan the issue.
- Please note the fact that this tool might take up to 20 to 25 minutes to eradicate the problem from your system and thus have patience while the tool scans the error and gets it solved.
- Finally, when you are done with eradicating the error, restart your computer and start working on the same without any hindrance.
Solution: Repair the MSXML 4.0
This method involves several steps which are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
Install MSXML on QuickBooks via CD
- Insert the QB CD and immediately an installation window pops up on your screen.
- Get MSXML installed on your system by following the on-screen instructions.
On Vista or Windows 7
- First of all, click on the Windows icon to begin the process.
- The user will have to type the code in the search dialog box and then press the enter tab.
On Windows XP
- Tap on the Run icon in the Windows tab.
- Type the code and press the OK button to complete the process.
Solution: Get the QB Desktop Uninstalled
- To begin the process, first of all, you need to press Windows + R keys on your keyboard and open the Run Command.
- Select the Control Panel and click on the Ok button to move to the next step.
- There, you have to click on the Programs and Features option.
- In the list of programs, you will have to select the QB icon.
- Here you can choose the Uninstall/ Change option.
- Finally, you will have to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 6098 5
Solution: Get your Windows Updated
If you are still getting the QuickBooks Error 1603 on your system, then worry not and try out this solution to eradicate the same.
- It is important to install the updates that are missing from your system. These updates might be related to the MSXML, .NET framework and C++.
- To get the updates, you have to press the Windows key on the keyboard and move to the next step.
- Access the Windows Search bar and type Windows Update in the search box.
- There, you will find the option Check for Updates, click on the same.
- In the case if you find any issue while getting the updates, then worry not and contact the Microsoft professional as soon as possible.
Solution: Use the Selective Startup to Install the QB Desktop
First of all, generate the backup of the Company File and keep a copy of QB desktop product and license info safe.
Now, get the system started in the selective startup mode by using the step-by-step mentioned here below.
- To open the Run Command, press Windows + R on your system.
- Type msconfig in the search box and click on the Ok button.
- Choose the Selective Startup tab and tap on the Load System Services.
- Thereafter, you will have to select the Hide all Microsoft Services and click to disable all.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and then tick the Windows Installer Checkbox.
- Tap on the Ok button and restart the system.
- Get the QuickBooks Desktop uninstalled and then install it again.
- Finally, switch back to the normal startup mode to eradicate QuickBooks Error 1603.
I hope, this information is enough to solve this problem from your system. These solutions are 100% practical and thus help you in getting rid of this issue permanently. It might offer great help in solving error 1603 from your system. However, if you still face any trouble in eradicating the same or if there is any query in your mind, then contact QuickBooks Error Support number mentioned on the Website immediately and solve this issue within little or no time.
Read more Related Articles:-