How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 304?
Trusted by millions of business owners across the globe, QuickBooks is the leading accounting and bookkeeping software. It is designed by keeping the needs of small and medium-sized business owners in mind. But like any other software, it is also prone to errors that can hamper your work. One such face faced by the Intuit users is QuickBooks Error Code 6144 304. This error is related to the Company File that includes the accounting data of your organization. Errors always hinder productivity and thus need to be solved instantly. To facilitate the users, here is mentioned the causes of this error as well as the methods to fix them.
Causes of QB Error 6144 304
The error may occur in your system when something goes wrong with your Company File. Below are given the most possible causes that lead to the occurrence of QB Error 6144 304. Let’s have a look.
- When your PC closes automatically while the Company data is being stored in the same.
- When your system is attacked by any virus or malware infection.
- When security software tries to obstruct the performance of the system.
- When the QB is not operating with all admin rights.
Methods to Fix QB Error 6144 304
QuickBooks Error Code 6144 304 can be fixed by using multiple solutions. Try out any of them and get rid of this error instantly. Some of them are mentioned here to ease the users.
Step 1: Update QB Desktop
- First of all, open Intuit desktop.
- Go to the Help and click on the Update QB Desktop.
- On the top corner, you will find the option of Update Now. Click on the same to begin the update process.
- Tick the checkbox of Reset Update and click on the Get Updates button.
- Once you are done with the updates, exit QB.
Step 2: Download QB File Doctor
- Download QB Tools Hub.
- Press Ctrl + J to open your download folder.
- If you wish to allow changes, then click on the Yes button.
- Tick the Next to install the File Doctor tool and tap on the Yes button to accept the license agreement.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to get the tool installed.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the Finish button.
- Open the QB Tools hub and run this File Doctor Tool to scan the issues.
Step 3: Get .ND and .TLG files renamed
Both .ND and .TLG files allow QB to open Company File on the network and in the multi-user mode. If these files are damaged, then it can cause QuickBooks Error Code 6144 304. Follow the steps to rename them and get this issue fixed.
- Open your QB Company File and look out for the .ND and .TLG files.
- Rename these files and must add .OLD at the end of the file.
- Tap on Yes to confirm the changes.
Step 4: Copy the Company File to Desktop
- Click on the desktop screen and create a new folder.
- Go to the location where your Company File is being stored.
- Copy the Company File and paste the same in the new folder that is just created.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key until No Company Open Window appears on the screen.
- Tap on Open or Restore the existing Company File.
- Select Open a Company File and tap on the Next button.
- If the file opens, then it is fine; however, if it doesn’t, then you will have to proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Get the QB files backup restored
- To initiate the process, exit QB desktop.
- Press and hold Ctrl key until the No Company Open Window appears on the screen.
- Tap to open or restore an existing company.
- Select to restore a backup copy of the file and click on the Next button.
- The user will have to follow the on-screen instructions to save the latest backup.
These above-mentioned solutions will surely eradicate QuickBooks Error Code 6144 304 from your system; however, the process may be complex and thus, if you find any trouble, then immediately contact QuickBooks support team and get it fixed in no time.