How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks is an invincible solution, which is used by mid-sized and small businesses and professionals to fulfill their accounting needs. Users from all over the world prefer to use it as it serves plenty of business purposes. While using the software, one can occasionally encounter a common problem, known as QuickBooks Error H202. Generally, this error occurs when company files need an additional configuration.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H202?
On a multi-user network, QB H errors are quite common. This error generally appears when you make an attempt to transfer the company file from one system to another. Fixing this error is not a difficult task; you just need to follow some simple steps for this.
In simple words, this error message can occur when the company file is shared over a wide network. All the computers that are connected to the network are known as workstations. When one computer of the network is not able to access the company file that is placed on another workstation, then it results in QuickBooks H202.
Factors Causing Error H202
There are numerous factors that cause this error; some of them are-
- Incorrect QB file hosting configuration.
- .ND (the network data file) is damaged or corrupted.
- Issue with DNS server.
- QuickBooks services are not opening.
- Conflict in multiple Database Server Manager Versions that are running.
- Communication is blocked by Security software.
- Error H202 port is missing.
- Workstation is not able to ping the Host computer because the IP address is unreachable.
- Set up of Firewall ports are not proper.
All these are the major factors that can cause QuickBooks Error Code H202.
How to Resolve QB Error H202?
There are different methods to solve this error based on its cause. Users first need to find out why this error is occurring, and then they can follow the required steps.
Solution 1 – Study Network Issues with QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool after downloading it.
- Run the tool, once you are done with installation.
- Now, scan the company file folder.
- When the tool runs, note the IP address that is displayed.
- In the Firewall Status section, enable the ports that show the Open Ports Button.
- Keep following the instructions until the end.
- After all these steps are completed, try to open the file from that computer in which QuickBooks Error H202 occurs.
If you are still unable to get rid of this error, add QB firewall port exceptions to the security software and Windows Firewall to solve this problem.
Solution 2 – Ensure that QB services are running
To check QBDBXX services are running or not, carry out the forthcoming steps; repeat these steps for the QBCFMonitorService.
- In the Windows search bar, type “Run.”
- Type services.msc in the Run window, and then tap the “Enter.”
- Browse QuickBooksDBXX on the list in Service window, and perform a double click on it.
- Now, QuickBooksDBXX Properties window will be opened in front of you. As the Startup Type, choose Automatic.
- Check whether the “Service status” is set to “start” or “running.” Select “Start.”
- Now you have to select the “Recovery” tab.
- From the available three drop-down menus, which are Subsequent failures, Second failures, and first failures, select “Restart the service.”
- Click on the “Apply” tab, and then OK to save the changes.
- Now, you have to repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService to fix the QuickBooks H202.
- After completion of all the steps, open QB on all the workstations available on the network.
- Make a click on the “File” menu and select “Switch to Multi-user mode” option.
If you perform all the above steps sucessfully, then we hope you hassle has been solved.
Solution 3 – Use the QB File Doctor Tool
This is the easiest solution that you can perform to solve the issue. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to solve any issue in the network. Sometimes these issues are responsible for blocking multi-user connection.
Solution 4: Testing and Calibration of Network Connection
- First of all, open the QB for all computer networks for using this accounting software.
- Tap on the File menu and click on the Hostings to turn off the hosting.
- The user will have to press the Windows key and enter This PC on the QuickBooks Host Computer.
- Double click the network option in the left window pane and verify whether all networks are visible or not.
- Ping all the workstations from the host or server computer.
- The user will have to ping the computer where QuickBooks Error H202 is actually appearing.
- The command with the help of which you can send the ping request can be checked on the command prompt.
- The command syntax must be ping (Computer Name). Please note that network issues are generally not hardware-oriented and thus, you need a technician to solve the same.
Solution 5: Get the QB server information attached into the Windows Host File
- To begin the procedure, one must know the fact that the windows host file is located in the drivers folder.
- Be sure to use this solution only on the computer where you are getting QB Error H202.
- Browse to the Windows Host File location and click on the same move ahead.
- Tap on the ‘Open with’ option and select the Notepad.
- Come to the end of the Windows Host File and enter IP of the server.
- On your keyboard, press TAB key and type QB server name.
- Save the changes by using Ctrl + S key and exit the file.
Solution 6: Alter the location of your Company File
The next best solution to terminate error H202 from your system is to change the location of the Company File on your system. For this, you are advised to use the below-mentioned solution.
- First of all, make a new folder in the C drive of your system.
- Go to the folder where the Company File is actually located. Copy that file and its associate network data and .TLG files as well.
- Open the New Folder that is just created and get the Company File pasted in the same.
- It is advised to open the Company File in the multi-user mode.
Solution 7: Configure QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- On the keyboard, the user will have to press Windows + R keys and type msc.
- Thereafter, select the services icon and go to the next step of the solution.
- Go through the list of services and find out the QuickBooksDBxx. Here xx represents the version of the QuickBooks.
- Click on this service and tap on the stop to disable the same.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on the Service Start option and turn it to the Automatic and then click on the Start option.
- Open Qb and try to open the file again. If still the error appears on the screen, then turn to the next solution.
Solution 8: Access the Windows Control Panel
- To initiate the process, the user will have to exit QB from all systems as the repair of QuickBooks Error H202 will be done simultaneously on all systems.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and tap on the Programs and Features option.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of the installed programs and click on the Repair option.
- The user can allow all options through QB software repair.
- After completing this task, download the updated Qb software version.
- Try opening the Company File and make sure that QuickBooks Error H202 is terminated from the system.
Are you still facing trouble while working on your Intuit system? Does this error H202 still appear on the screen? If so, then you are advised to contact the QB Error Support Team +1-877-349-3776 as soon as possible and get your queries solved in no time.
The support executives are available all the time and therefore, you are free to contact them at the odd hours. Getting QuickBooks Error H202 Support is beneficial as the team is available to assist you all the time and thus enhances smooth working of the accounting software by manifolds. You can visit them either by calling them in person or by sending them emails on their mail. No matter how you wish to contact them, they will be available to handle your trouble. Apply any of the solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H202.