QuickBooks Error Code 6190
QuickBooks is the prominent accounting software that is designed to facilitate the medium and small sized business owners. However, one must not forget the fact that this is just software and therefore, it is prone to glitches that might frustrate you sometimes. One such error code is 6190 & 816. QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816 occurs when too many users try to access the Company File in the single-user mode. This is the most common error that hampers the productivity of the user. Let’s find out the possible causes that might lead to this error and some of the practical solutions to fix this problem.
Causes of QB Error Code 6190 & 816
This error is generally flashed with the message that QB is unable to open the file on the host computer. There are multiple causes that lead to the emergence of this error. It is advised to know the causes of this error and half of your problem will be solved. Some of them are given here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- If there is an error in updating a file on the host computer that might occur due to the absence of the transaction file update.
- There is no match between transaction log file and Company File.
- Sometimes the system doesn’t accept the changes which in turn leads to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816.
- Yet another cause is the data damage in the data file. However, this is the least possible reason for this issue.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error Code 6144 -304
Symptoms of Error Code 6190 & 816
- The error message will appear on the screen and hampers your ongoing work.
- Your System Crashes immediately.
- Your system freezes on a regular basis.
- Windows are not responding properly.
Methods to Fix the QB Error Code 6190 & 816
Got error code 6190 & 816 message on your screen? There is nothing to worry about as there are plenty of solutions to fix this problem. Some of them are mentioned here. You can pick any one of them to eliminate this error.
Solution 1: Make the use of QB File Doctor Tool
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on your system.
- Run the tool. Make sure that you have logged in the computer as an administrator before running the tool.
- You will find two options on the screen – Network Connectivity Only and Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- The user will have to go with the first option to identify the damaged files to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816.
- Then, you are asked to enter the admin password.
- Check out whether the file is on workstation or server and proceed accordingly.
Solution 2: Get the discrepancy fixed
As mentioned earlier, one of the possible causes of this error is the discrepancy between the transaction file and the Company File. To eradicate this error, it is imperative to fix the discrepancy.
- Access the Company Folder and open the Company File.
- Click on the Company File and proceed to rename the same.
- Also, you will have to change the name of the Transaction Log File.
- Finally, exit the system and open QB to access the Company File.
Solution 3: Check the Single-User Mode
If you still face the issue even after following the above-mentioned solutions, then continue with the Single-user mode check.
- Make sure that all users are logged out and restart the computer.
- Get the data file copied on the desktop and then again to its actual location.
- Sign in to the QB and get back to your work.
If you are still unable to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816, then either you should connect with the IT professional or call Support for QuickBooks Error +1-877-349-3776 as soon as possible. They are available all the time to solve your issues.