How to Fix QuickBooks Error 61?
QuickBooks is top-rated accounting software, which enables users to manage expenses, Create & send an invoice, and prepare for taxes. If you are also using QuickBooks, you will know that glitches and errors may appear at the time and again. QuickBooks Error 61 is one of the most faced problems by users, which occurs while downloading, printing, adjusting, refreshing, uninstalling, opening an account, expelling, and erasing. All these issues can arise due to the malfunctioning or corruption of hardware.
To solve this error, first, you have to know the reason behind the appearance of the problem, and then bring out the necessary steps.
Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 61
There are numerous reasons due to which QB throws this error. Some of the reasons are-
- Glitch in the framework activity.
- Shutting down of a dishonorable framework due to power disappointment.
- Corrupted or damaged QB company file.
- .ND or .TLG file gets corrupted.
- Deleting important registry page or framework.
- This error can also appear if the bank provides you another account number or credit card.
- Malware, virus, or spyware attack can be the reason for QuickBooks Error 61.
- Fizzled uninstalling or establishment of programming, which may have left invalid sections.
All these are major reasons for the occurrence of this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 61 Quickly?
Below are the efficacious solutions to eradicate this QB error.
Solution 1 :
- Navigate to the “Files,” and choose “Utilities.”
- After this, click on the “Rebuild Data.”
- A pop-up will come for “Backup your company file” message, click on “OK.”
- If “QuickBooks is not responding” is still showing on your screen, then wait for a while.
- Once you have received the message “Rebuild has completed,” click on OK.
Implement these simple and quick steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error 61.
Solution 2 :
- Launch the new version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the “File,” and make a click on the “Open or Restore Company.”
- After this, you have to choose the “Open a Company File,” and then click on the “Next” tab.
- Discover the data file of yours and hit on the “Open” button.
- If the message “Move Company File” appears in front of you, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Check out the information available in “Update Company File for New Version,” and note it.
- Click on the “Update Now.”
- Keep following the instructions to back up your files.
- A message will be displayed, asking you for permission to open a Company File in the new version of QB, click “Yes.”
- Store the backup, if you are not sure whether you need it again or not.
- Copy it again. For *.qbw files, search your hard drive, and don’t forget to include hidden folders and files in your search.
- If any user has QuickBook Desktop Payroll attached, then he/she needs to check payroll services by signing into the account.
This is another way to fix QuickBooks Error 61.
Solution 3 :
- Re-sort the Accounts list Chart.
- Open the QB Desktop menu bar; choose the Lists followed by Chart of Accounts.
- Now, you will discover an option at the bottom of the screen, saying “Include Inactive,” check-mark that option.
- Click on the view in the menu bar and choose the “Re-sort” list.
- You will receive a message asking for your permission to return the list to the original order, click OK for that.
- Now, you have to verify the Company File.
- Most probably, the error will be resolved if it still persists, follow the below steps.
- Create a new account and try to merge it with the previous damaged account.
- At last, open the file to check if the error is resolved or not.
I hope the above-mentioned solutions of QuickBooks Error 61 will be helpful to you.
Related Articles:– How to fix QuickBooks Email Error