QuickBooks is top-rated accounting software, which enables users to manage expenses, Create & send an invoice, and prepare for taxes. If you are also using QuickBooks, you will know that glitches and errors may appear at the time and again. QuickBooks Error 61 is one of the most faced problems by users, which occurs while downloading, printing, adjusting, refreshing, uninstalling, opening an account, expelling, and erasing. All these issues can arise due to the malfunctioning or corruption of hardware.
QuickBooks Error Code 61 usually occurs when users are trying to update their QuickBooks application. Though this error can occur due to numerous reasons that happen in the software. Moreover, some additional errors can also be caused due to this error such as QuickBooks Error 15102. The main cause of the QuickBooks Error Code 61 is that the .ND (Network Data) and .TLG (Transaction Log) files are damaged or corrupted.
To solve this error, first, you have to know the reason behind the appearance of the problem, and then bring out the necessary steps.
Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 61
There are numerous reasons due to which QB throws this error. Some of the reasons are-
- Glitch in the framework activity.
- Shutting down of a dishonorable framework due to power disappointment.
- Corrupted or damaged QB company file.
- .ND or .TLG file gets corrupted.
- Deleting an important registry page or framework.
- This error can also appear if the bank provides you another account number or credit card.
- Malware, virus, or spyware attack can be the reason for QuickBooks Error 61.
- Fizzled uninstalling or establishment of programming, which may have left invalid sections.
All these are major reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Main Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 61
The following are the main symptoms of the QuickBooks Error Code 61:
- An error message box along with the mentioned error code will pop-up on your QuickBooks application like this: “QuickBooks Error Code 61 occurred: Unable to update your application. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.”
- Crashing down of active windows programs that are currently running on the computer.
- Freezing the QuickBooks application after a few minutes of error message box flashed.
- The error message box continuously pop-up on your computer screen whenever you try to update your QuickBooks.
- The windows inputs like mouse and keyboard will slowly respond to the command.
Also Read: QuickBooks Install Error 1712
Points to Remember Before Fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 61
Below are the points that you need to keep in mind before you fix the QuickBooks error code 61:
- Make sure to regularly or monthly update your QuickBooks application to its latest version. As the newer version of QuickBooks helps in preventing various bugs and issues that can cause minor QuickBooks errors.
- Check that your firewall settings and anti-virus settings don’t have to turn on the restriction on QuickBooks. If you see that there is a restriction on this software, disable it immediately.
- You have to ensure that your windows are also of the latest version. Windows operating systems should be up to date as most of the errors and issues take place if the windows are not updated to the latest version.
- Run the anti-virus software on your computer system. Sometimes, your computer system might be affected by the presence of malware or viruses. Running anti-virus will clear out all the viruses and malware that are causing QuickBooks errors.
- Check that you have downloaded an uncorrupted file in your computer system. If you see that you have downloaded a corrupted file, immediately delete that file from your computer.
- Always make sure that you are downloading the QuickBooks files from the QuickBooks official website only. Any other website files can cause harm to your computer system.
Also Read: QuickBooks Not opening After Windows Update
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 61 Quickly?
Below are the efficacious solutions to eradicate this QB error.
- Navigate to the ‘Files,’ and choose ‘Utilities.’
- After this, click on the ‘Rebuild Data.’
- A pop-up will come for ‘Backup your company file’ message, click on ‘OK’.
- If ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ is still showing on your screen, then wait for a while.
- Once you have received the message ‘Rebuild has completed‘, click on ‘OK’.
Implement these simple and quick steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error 61.
- Launch the new version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the ‘File,’ and make a click on the ‘Open or Restore Company.’
- After this, you have to choose the ‘Open a Company File,’ and then click on the ‘Next‘ tab.
- Discover the data file of yours and hit on the ‘Open‘ button.
- If the message ‘Move Company File‘ appears in front of you, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Check out the information available in ‘Update Company File for New Version‘, and note it.
- Click on the ‘Update Now.’
- Keep following the instructions to back up your files.
- A message will be displayed, asking you for permission to open a Company File in the new version of QB, click ‘Yes‘.
- Store the backup, if you are not sure whether you need it again or not.
- Copy it again. For .qbw files, search your hard drive, and don’t forget to include hidden folders and files in your search.
- If any user has QuickBook Desktop Payroll attached, then he/she needs to check payroll services by signing into the account.
This is another way to fix QuickBooks Error 61.
- Re-sort the Accounts list Chart.
- Open the QB Desktop menu bar; choose the Lists followed by Chart of Accounts.
- Now, you will discover an option at the bottom of the screen, saying ‘Include Inactive,’ check-mark that option.
- Click on the view in the menu bar and choose the ‘Re-sort‘ list.
- You will receive a message asking for your permission to return the list to the original order, click OK for that.
- Now, you have to verify the Company File.
- Most probably, the error will be resolved if it still persists, follow the below steps.
- Create a new account and try to merge it with the previous damaged account.
- At last, open the file to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Install ‘Clean Install Tool’ on your computer
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is launched by QuickBooks so that users can cleanly install their QuickBooks application. You can install this tool from the website or you can find this tool in QuickBooks Tools Hub. Following are the steps to download it from the website:
- Go to the QuickBooks official website.
- In the search field, type ‘Clean Install Tool’.
- After that, select the download link and this will start the downloading process.
- When the download completes, go to the ‘Downloads’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Downloaded’ file and click on the ‘Open’ option.
- Install the file by following the instructions displaying on the screen.
- After that, run the tool in your system.
- This will cleanly install the QuickBooks application.
Solution 5: Repair corrupted files
- Go to the company file’s location.
- Find the .ND and .TLG files.
- Right-click on these files and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- In place of .ND and .TLG, enter .OLD in the file extension.
I hope the above-mentioned solutions of QuickBooks Error 61 will be helpful to you.
Read more Related Articles:–