Those days are the past when you had to manage your accounts manually as now is the time when plenty of online accounting software options are available to assist the business owners. One such option is QuickBooks Online that small and mid-sized business owners can easily opt for. This is known to be the best accounting and bookkeeping software in the market till data that allows you to manage the cash flows, offers reports that will be used at the time of tax filing, handle payrolls and provides exceptional support to the business owners. Despite these benefits, there might be the time when users look for undo reconciliation and this blog is all about the same. Here is mentioned the step-by-step procedure to undo the QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation in a few steps. Let’s have a look.
Why do you need to undo reconciliation in QB Online?
Before turning to the procedure, let’s get to know the reasons that insist you for taking such a decision.
- Inaccurate bank statement
- Inappropriate bank reconciliation
- Uncleared transaction
- When the transaction is not properly managed and it will causing further hiccups
- Incorrect date on which payment record is saved
Steps to undo reconciliation of an account
Undo reconciliation of an account is not a complicated task and one can easily complete the same without any additional effort or expert’s help. The users need to follow the below mentioned procedure step by step to undo QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation with ease. Don’t miss out even on the single step as it will create further hassle.
- Go to the left menu and tap on the Banking option.
- Click on the Register/ Account History and make a search for the transaction that you need to reconcile, only one at a time.
- The user will have to tap on the upper line of the transaction that you can find between the Amount and Deposit option.
- Once you click the line, check out whether that field is cleared or not. If you find C in the field, then it means it gets cleared and if you find R, then it means it gets reconciled.
- Click if the field is R and get the permission to change the status of the transaction to C.
- Jump to the Save button to get all the changes saved.
- Finally, the user will have to tap on the Yes option that pops up on the image.
How to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online Accountant?
- Jump to the Gear icon and click on the Reconcile under tools.
- Choose the bank account that you wish to reconcile.
- Place your cursor on the reconciliation month that you wish to UNDO.
- Tap on the Undo button and click on OK.
- Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, you will find a complete screen on your desktop. At last, click on the Ok option.
Steps to Undo Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online
If you are a QuickBooks Online user, then you can undo reconciliation in just a few steps. Follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Click on the Banking menu and choose the Register option from the same.
- From the drop-down menu of Register Name, pick the amount and click on the transaction that you want to reconcile.
- The user will have to delete the R from the top transaction to undo QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation.
How to Undo Reconciliation in QB Desktop?
If you are looking for the easiest reconciliation process in Intuit, then this is right here for you. Undo reconciliation in QB desktop is the simplest task to do for the users. As compared to all other versions of Intuit, this can be done within little or no time.
- Browse the Banking screen and click on the Reconcile Now option.
- Finally, tap on the Undo Last Reconciliation option to get it done.
Hope these above-mentioned guidelines will prove beneficial to the users in reconciling their account in QB. However, if you still face any issue while doing the same, then worry not and immediately call support to seek professional help. You can also connect with the IT expert to get rid of the issue in less than no time.