Get to know the possible reasons and troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error Code H505
The QuickBooks multi-user error H505 appears when you try to open the QuickBooks Company File which doesn’t exist on the computer. It also appears when the said file needs an additional configuration. Let’s find out some of the possible causes of this error along with the solutions for the same.
QuickBooks Desktop is the prominent accounting software that is specially designed for the small and medium-sized business owners. However, there is no denying the fact that at the end of the day it is just software and is thus prone to errors. One such issue is Error H505.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
The QuickBooks Error Code H505 is an H series QB error. It usually occurs when there are issues with hosting settings. Also, the user can’t access their company files/ data on their system due to lack of additional setup on the said system.
One thing to note here is that the user’s system can work in a multi-user mode setting only when the host system of the company file has such configuration. Ultimately, working on the company file in multi user mode is possible only after changing the settings of the host server.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code H505
There are multiple causes that lead to the QuickBooks Error Code H505; however, the major cause is associated with the multi-user mode. When the user tries to access the Company File that is located on another computer, this error happens. For more information, find about the possible causes of this error here.
- Damage network data file that is restricting the QB from opening files over the network.
- Service like QBFCMonitor is not activated on the PC. It is important to initiate some important services to run the QB smoothly. However, when these services are not activated, it gives rise to a bunch of errors.
- Inappropriate settings of Hosting configuration might lead to the occurrence of this bug on the system.
- Yet another cause of this error is the absence of the IP Address of the host computer. It is important to have the IP address while using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Incorrect Firewall setting can also lead to this error.
- Lastly, the wrong DNS setting might be an issue. It is the most possible cause of this error on the Intuit System.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
After getting well-versed with the possible causes of the QB Error H505, now it is high time to know the symptoms of this error owing to which you can get to know the presence of this issue on your system. Following are the most prominent indicators of the issue:
- When this issue arises, it immediately crashes the active program window.
- If this error is present on your system, then it might crash the laptop when running the same program.
- The error message stating Error Code H505 will be displayed on the screen over and over again.
- The window starts operating sluggishly and responds very slowly to the mouse and on any keyboard input.
- The computer starts freezing on a periodic basis for several seconds in a given time frame.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
As already explained, that QB is just a software and thus, it is prone to glitches that might hamper your work and productivity. However, there is no need to worry as there are multiple solutions to root out QuickBooks Error Code H505 completely from your system. Some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience. One can try out either one of them or all to get rid of this issue in less than no time.
Solution 1: Create a new Company File folder
The first solution to eradicate QuickBooks Error Code H505 from your system is to create a new Company File folder. For this, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, the user will have to generate a Replacement Folder on the hosting computer.
- Thereafter, you can share the authentic folder along with the Windows Access permissions to get the Company File shared.
- If you are unable to access the digital computer, then connect with an IT professional immediately to deal with this issue.
- Get the .qbw file copied in the multi-user mode again in the new folder.
- The user can now access the Company File.
Solution 2: Access the QB For Data Transfer
This involves several steps which are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
Step 1: Get the Firewall Settings Configured
- First of all, go to the Windows Firewall Settings and click on the Windows option and tap on the Instrument Panel.
- Also, user needs to click on the Search Bar and type Firewall and enter.
- After that, scroll to the left side and click on the Outbound Rules. Select the New Rule section.
- Now, you will have to select the ports and tap on the Next button.
- You will then have to click on TCP and enter the local ports.
- Tap on the Next and select the option that says Allow the Connection.
- Click on the name field and press the Finish button.
- Now, the user has to repeat steps 1 to 5 for the inbound rules.
- The user will have to go to the multi-user mode again and access the QuickBooks software.
Step 2: Turn the network discover option on
- Access the control panel and press the System and Security button.
- After that, the user has to click on the Windows Firewall.
- Visit the permit associate app in the left pane on the Windows Firewall.
- Click on the modification option.
- Select the network discovery option and apply OK to turn it on.
Step 3: Get to know the name of your server
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Command. Here, the user needs to type the cmd and click on the enter button.
- Enter config/ all in the search bar and tap Enter.
- Look out for the host name in the IP configuration section.
- There, the user may check their server name on the right.
- Save the changes and eradicate this error.
Solution 3: Check Hosting Services
This solution too involves several different steps to be carried out. Below we have mentioned the steps to check hosting services:
Step 1: Verify Hosting
- Firstly, the user needs to open the QB on every workstation.
- Click to select the file and press the utilities.
- If the user finds the Host multi-user access on the list, then it means that this computer is not hosting the Company File.
- If you find Host multi-user access on the workstation, then you can take a step to move out the same onto the next system.
- Tap on the option that says Stop Hosting the Multi-User access.
- You will have to repeat steps 1 to 3 on each computer.
Step 2: Get the QB services verified
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys. There you will have to type MSC and click on the Enter button.
- In the windows search bar, enter services.msc and tap to open the same.
- You need to scroll down in the services window and look out for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Click on the service and make sure that the startup type is ready to be automatic.
- Tap the Recovery tab option.
- If you are unable to open the same automatically, then open it manually and do the same thing for any other failure.
- Press Ok to save changes.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps for QBFCMonitor Service and eradicate this error.
Hope the above-mentioned steps are enough to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code H505 permanently from your system; however, if you are not able to solve the issue or if there is any query floating in your mind, then worry not and immediately call the support team and get your issues solved in no time.
The team comprises the professionals who are experienced enough to tackle this issue with much ease. They are available all the time to assist the clients and thus, you can call them even at the odd hours and on the public holidays. Also, visit us for online chat support, if not available for a call. If comfortable over a phone call, reach out to the Error Support +1(860) 544-6044 team now and get your issues solved within little or no time.