What is the Use of QuickBooks Web Connector Application?
There are various services that are offered by the QuickBooks Web Connector application. For example, it provides XML web services. You can easily access the web services by adding a service reference, in the same way, you are done with other WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) services. As a result, if you add any other type of reference, the latest version of the .NET framework will be pointed out.
However, you can still add the web reference for the applications that are created in the older version of .NET Framework such as version 2.0 or 3.0.
Suitability to add a New Web Service with the Help of QuickBooks Web Connector Application
You can add web services in any of the QuickBooks application such as QuickBooks Payrolls, QuickBooks POS (Point of Sale), QuickBooks Pro, etc. Below are the versions of QuickBooks that is suitable to connect to a new web service by using the QuickBooks Web Connector application:
- QuickBooks US versions such as QuickBooks Simple Start version 2006 and later (for beginners and newbies), QuickBooks Pro version 2003 and later (for experienced users), QuickBooks Premier version 2003 and above (for experienced), QuickBooks POS (Point of Sale) v4 or later, and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (for a large organization).
- QuickBooks Canadian versions such as QuickBooks Premier version (2002 and above), QuickBooks Enterprise version (2004 and later), and QuickBooks Pro version (2004 and above).
- Further, QuickBooks UK versions such as QuickBooks Pro version (2003 and later) and QuickBooks Accountant version (2004 and above).
What is QB Web Connector?
Before turning out to the causes and solutions of the Error QBWC1085, it is essential to know about the web connector first. Introduced by Microsoft, QB Web Connector is the window application that ensures smooth data sharing between Intuit desktop and the online app.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085?
QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1085 usually occurs in the web connector application but it has a partial impact on the QuickBooks application. In other words, the user can open and access their company files but QuickBooks continuously shows a message that asks you to update your QuickBooks application to the latest release.
Generally, the main cause of the issue occurred is the damaged log file in the QuickBooks Web Connector application. The QBWC 1085 error is also called Exception type error in the QuickBooks technical jargon. Sometimes, it is difficult to identify the QBWC error 1085 because in some cases, the QuickBooks application doesn’t show the error code 1085.
How To Identify the QuickBooks Error QBWC 1085?
There are numerous error messages that occur on your computer screen. These error messages are not fixed and frequently occur whenever you open the QuickBooks Web Connector application on your device. The context of the error message depends on the cause and sign of the error that occurred. Below are some of the error messages that you will encounter when your device is infected with the QBWC 1085 error:
- “Exception Type Error occurred: Unknown Name. Please try again later”.
- “QuickBooks Web Connector has encountered a problem in opening a log file. Contact the QuickBooks Support for help”.
- “QuickBooks Web Connector is running without opening the log file”.
What are the Other Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error QBWC 1085?
The following are the other signs and symptoms that help in the identification of the QuickBooks Error QBWC 1085:
- The main symptom that you can encounter is when the log file is not running or you are not able to retrieve the log file.
- The web connector application of QuickBooks starts to run without a log file.
- You will notice an absent log file in the QuickBooks Web Connector application.
- QuickBooks users will fail to open the log file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
There is no denying the fact that QB is an amazing accounting and bookkeeping software that has marked its presence in the accounting world by offering exceptional benefits to small and average-sized business owners. It is loaded with some extraordinary features that can grow your business and helps you in managing everything with ease. However, while exploring these features, it might be possible you stumble upon a few glitches that can hamper your work. One such problem is QBWC1085 Error that impacts the QuickBooks Desktop version and makes it impossible to exchange the information from the third-party web-based app. Let’s get to know about this error in a bit of detail and find out the possible solution that can eradicate the same in no time.
Causes of Error QBWC1085
These are the major issues for QBWC1085 Error in your system
- The damage of QWCLOG.TXT file of the Web Connector Program.
- When the user is unable to access QWCLOG.TXT file owing to some reason.
Also Read: Square QuickBooks Integration
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
It is high time to know about the possible solutions that can fix the Web Connector Error QBWC1085 in the least possible time. However, before turning to the solutions, be sure to enable Web Connector program under the automatic startup program list and ensure that the program is running in the background. After doing this, follow the steps mentioned below and fix this frustrating error within the shortest possible time.
There are two possible solutions for this problem. Let’s get to know about both of them one-by-one.
Solution 1: Follow the Steps when the data isn’t connected to any third-party software
- To initiate the process, it is important to run the computer in the ‘Admin’ mode.
- Now, go to the Program Data, select Microsoft and tap on the Windows to open the Start menu. Thereafter, click on the Start-up for Windows 8, 7, and Vista.
- If you are operating on Windows XP, then visit the Documents and Settings option and jump to the All Users. Tap on the Start Menu > Program > Startup.
- In this step, you will have to format the QB Web Connector and reboot the system.
- The final step is to check whether the software is creating log files or not.
Solution 2: If data is no Connected to any 3rd party application or software
In this case, follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of QBWC1085 Error.
- First of all, log out the QuickBooks as well as the Web Connector.
- Follow the path in the C Drive i.e. C:/ ProgramData/ Intuit/QBWebConnector/log.
- After visiting this path, you will have to change the name of QWCLOG.TXT and rename it as QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- After completing all, reopen the QB Web Connector.
- Reboot your computer and open the QuickBooks Software.
- Now is the time to login the 3rd party application.
- As soon as the above-mentioned steps are completed, it can be now expected that the software will work in an appropriate manner.
- Also, now the user is able to sync with the third-party program easily.
It is for sure that following any of the above-given solutions will help you in getting rid of this QBWC1085 Error; however, if this still troubling you, then worry not and Call QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-877-349-3776 at any time and get your issue solved with ease.