How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
There is no denying the fact that QB is an amazing accounting and bookkeeping software that has marked its presence in the accounting world by offering exceptional benefits to the small and average-sized business owners. It is loaded with some extraordinary features that can grow your business and helps you in managing everything with ease. However, while exploring these features, it might be possible you stumble upon a few glitches that can hamper your work. One such problem is QBWC1085 Error that impacts the QB desktop version and makes it impossible to exchange the information from the third-party web-based app. Let’s get to know about this error in a bit of detail and find out the possible solution that can eradicate the same in no time.
What is QB Web Connector?
Before turning out to the causes and solutions of the Error QBWC1085, it is essential to know about the web connector first. Introduced by Microsoft, QB Web Connector is the window application that ensures a smooth data sharing between Intuit desktop and the online app.
Causes of Error QBWC1085
Below are mentioned some of the possible causes that might trigger QBWC1085 Error in your system.
- The damage of QWCLOG.TXT file of the Web Connector Program.
- When the user is unable to access QWCLOG.TXT file owing to some reason.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
It is high time to know about the possible solutions that can fix the Web Connector Error QBWC1085 in the least possible time. However, before turning to the solutions, be sure to enable Web Connector program under the automatic startup program list and ensure that the program is running in the background. Once you are done with this, follow the steps mentioned below and fix this frustrating error within the shortest possible time.
There are two possible solutions for this problem. Let’s get to know about both of them one-by-one.
Solution 1: Follow the Steps when the data isn’t connected to any third-party software
- To initiate the process, it is important to run the computer in the ‘Admin’ mode.
- Now, go to the Program Data, select Microsoft and tap on the Windows to open the Start menu. Thereafter, click on the Start-up for Windows 8, 7, and Vista.
- If you are operating on the Windows XP, then visit the Documents and Settings option and jump to the All Users. Tap on the Start Menu > Program > Startup.
- In this step, you will have to format the QB Web Connector and reboot the system.
- The final step is to check whether the software is creating the log files or not.
Solution 2: If data is no Connected to any 3rd party application or software
In this case, follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of QBWC1085 Error.
- First of all, log out the QuickBooks as well as the Web Connector.
- Now, you are required to follow the path in the C Drive i.e. C:/ ProgramData/ Intuit/QBWebConnector/log.
- After visiting this path, you will have to change the name of QWCLOG.TXT and rename it as QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Once you are done with the renaming and other mentioned steps, reopen the QB Web Connector.
- Get your computer rebooted and open the QuickBooks Software.
- Now is the time to login the 3rd party application.
- As soon as the above-mentioned steps are completed, it can be now expected that software will work in the appropriate manner.
- Also, now the user is able to sync with the third-party program easily.
It is for sure that following any of the above given solutions will help you in getting rid of this QBWC1085 Error; however, if this still troubling you, then worry not and consult support at any time and get your issue solved with ease.