How to Fix QuickBooks Script Error?
Have you ever got the QuickBooks Script Error message on your screen? Well, if so then you are at the most appropriate place to find its solution. But before turning to the troubleshoot methods, it is important to know about this error in a bit of detail. Look, when a user applies a new feature to the QB software that needs a web connection, then it connects to the web browser to provide an output. It requires the use of third-party applications in order to communicate. When it is unable to perform the entire function, then QuickBooks Script Error appears on your system. Let’s get to know about this error in a bit of detail and find out the possible causes along with the solutions to solve the same.
What is QB Script Error?
Causes of QB Script Error
Begin with establishing the connection with web-based sources to download the information, QuickBooks Script Error is one of the common issues faced by the Intuit users. Below are mentioned some of the causes that are responsible for the occurrence of this issue.
- Disability of Script Processing Information.
- The presence of malware infection in the system.
- If you have made changes to the system before the occurrence of the script error.
- If the script plugin or the software is damaged
- When firewall is blocking the script function
- Windows user is damaged
- Damage of Active X components
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Script Error
There are multiple methods to solve QuickBooks Script Error and thus, users can try out any one of them to solve the same. Let’s find out the solutions available to get this error fixed within little or no time.
Solution 1: Get the Cache Folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer Deleted
- Go to the Internet Explorer or your default browser.
- Select the Tools option.
- Tap on the Internet Options and then click on the General tab.
- Hit the Delete option under the browsing history and check mark all the options such as history, cookies, and temporary internet files.
- Click on the Apply button and then ok to save the changes.
Solution 2: Get the Ads-ons on the Microsoft Explorer disabled
- First of all, open IE and go to the Tools section.
- Now, select the internet options and then the Programs section.
- The user will now have to click on the option that says Manage Add-ons.
- Click on the Disable Add-ons button and click on the Ok button to apply the changes.
Solution 3: Reset your default browser or the internet explorer
If still, you are facing the QuickBooks Script Error on your system, try out this solution as this might help you.
- Click to open the Internet Explorer and tap on the Tools button.
- In this step, you will have to select the Internet options and hit the Advanced tab and move to the next step of the procedure.
- Tap on the Reset to Default and click on the Apply and Ok button to save the changes.
Solution 4: Disable Script Debugging in your Browser
- To begin this solution, go to the internet options in IE.
- Now, tap on the Advanced tab and scroll down below to the two options
- Tick the checkbox in front of them and click on Ok to save the changes.
Solution 5: Create the New User
- The next best solution to eradicate this issue is to create the new user and give them identical rights equal to the admin to stop getting script errors on the screen.
- However, this solution is only valid if you are getting script error with each and every web source.
Solution 6: Get the Plug-in Software Reinstalled
Reinstall the plug-in software by using the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Control Pane and locate the plug-in options.
- Get all the plug-ins reinstalled like Java, Adobe Flash and .Net Framework.
Solution 7: Repair the QuickBooks Data File
Yet another best way to root out QuickBooks Script Error is to repair the QB data file by using the QB file doctor tool. For this, you will have to download the install the QB File Doctor tool on your system and scan for the errors to fix the same.
Solution 8: Verify the Active Scripting
- Beginning is to be done with opening the internet explorer and going to the Internet Options.
- Select the tools and hit the Security Tab.
- Choose the Default level and click on the Ok button to apply the changes.
- You can also uninstall the ActiveX file in the internet explorer.
I hope that the above-mentioned solutions are enough of eradicating QuickBooks Script Error from your system; However, if you are still facing issues in applying these troubleshooting steps, then fret not and call the support team at any instance of time and get rid of this issue within the least time. These above-mentioned solutions are enough to tackle your issues within the little or no time but still if they fail to solve the script error in QB, then you can connect with the QuickBooks professional and eradicate this issue quickly. With the support team, you can get instant assistance and get it solved with ease.