Get to know the best practices to fix the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100.
The QuickBooks error code 6010 is a network-related error. Here, the users are facing this issue because they can’t access the network. Usually, the blockade from firewall/ other security software is responsible for this issue. With this article, get to know methods that can fix the error, apart from the reasons that are behind QuickBooks Error 6010 100..
Whenever it comes to simplifying accounting, the contribution of QuickBooks cannot be downplayed. It has cut down a major amount of time used in bookkeeping tasks. Used by many small and medium businesses around the world, QuickBooks is a reliable software from intuit. However, it also has its share of drawbacks. For instance, the QuickBooks Errors are one of them.
What Exactly Is The QuickBooks error 6010, 100?
The QuickBooks error code 6010, 100 simply indicates that the QuickBooks can’t access the internet. Usually, this issue happens when the anti virus software settings are not in favor of the accounting software. However, if the users reinstall QuickBooks, they may also face this issue. By reading more, our readers will get to know more about such causes that result in this error.
The Early Signs of QuickBooks error 6010
We are here to share the list of basic symptoms that can occur if this error is about to show up.
- Firstly, the error message with its code will show up on the screen.
- Also, the user cannot access the QuickBooks company file by any means.
- Apart from that, your company file is already under work in a host system.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6010, 100 Happen?
The user may face this error for numerous reasons. Hence, we have compiled a comprehensive list of reasons that lead QB users to QuickBooks error 6010, -100. By referring to these causes, you will be in a better position to deal with the error.
- The firewall/ security software/ antivirus is not letting the QuickBooks access the network.
- Also, the network Data Files/ ND files are not in connection with QBW and TLG files.
- The registry files from QuickBooks Desktop might have been removed by any other application that optimizes registry files and applications.
- Your system needs proper disc cleaning.
- There is a change in the installation of QuickBooks Software. Hence, the QuickBooks installation needs repair.
- Other third-party websites are deleting the registry files.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100: How To Troubleshoot The Bug?
The users can fix QuickBooks error code 6010 by trying any of these methods in any order. If a method doesn’t works here, try the other options listed below.
Fix 1: Rename The Network Data File
Files with ND extensions are known as Network Data files. By renaming them, one can troubleshoot many QB errors. Also, renaming it won’t lead to any data loss. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, the user has to open the company file with the ND extension.
- After that, open the company file with the error 6010 messages.
- Right-click this file and select the option of renaming the file.
- To change its name, add OLD at the end of its name as an extension, without removing the previous name.
- Lastly, after successfully renaming the file, open the QB software again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Use QuickBooks in Single User Mode
This is another solution to many QuickBooks Errors. Here, we will close all the processes running in the background and use the software in single-user mode. By stop hosting multi user access, we can resolve the issue. Perform this method with simple steps:
- Initially, access the PC with admin rights.
- After that, press the ctrl+shift+Esc keys together. It will open up the Task Manager.
- Also, open the users option and look for QuickBooks process files. For instance: qbupdate.exe, and QBDBM.exe.
- Finally, click these QuickBooks files and click the end task option (for multi-user mode).
Lastly, the user can check if the QuickBooks error 6010 is fixed or not by opening the company file again.
Fix 3: Company File Repair
Usually, the most common reason for any QuickBooks Error is the corruption of the company file. Therefore, by repairing this important file, one can fix the issues that they are facing. Here is how you can fix the issue:
- Initially, the QB users have to go to the folder which has their company file.
- Also, the user has to choose the file with QBW extension.
- Copy this file and paste it to another location while pressing the Ctrl key simultaneously when opening the QuickBooks software.
- Now, choose the No company open window and click the Open or restore an existing company option.
Finally, the user can launch their company file, and verify if the error 6010 is resolved or not.
This article comes after heavy research. We tried our best to help you with fixing the QuickBooks error code 6010 and 100. However, if the issues continue, then you are free to reach out to the error experts. Based in the US, they are available at +1860-325-4922 for 24/7 consultation regarding the QB Errors. Hence, get in touch with a well-trained team of advisors to get rid of your problems quickly.