Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error ?
QuickBooks is an amazing software that is helping users from all over the world in their business purpose. Though being software, technical glitches are meant to occur. QB has plenty of mistakes, and one of them is “QuickBooks has stopped working.” This error occurs out of nowhere for a range of specialized reasons. Most users face this problem while using QB; to some extent, this error occurs due to the framework. This error makes the program to stop working correctly. If a user tries to open QB again, the application quits itself, and the same message pops up again.
Main Causes Why QB Has Stopped Working
This commonly found problem can occur due to the following reasons.
- When the Windows operating system is damaged.
- When QuickBooks Desktop stops functioning properly.
- If files of the program are corrupted.
- If the hard drive is damaged.
- Disintegrated or corrupted the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If the given name of the company is too big and QB is responding to it, that’s why QB has stopped working.
These are the main causes of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error.
Symptoms and Signs of QB Not Responding Error
These are some main symptoms of the error that can help users to identify the error.
- QB is not opening.
- The device is freeze and is not responding to input commands.
- QB has stopped working before loading the dashboard.
- System shuts down automatically.
- Keyboard and mouse pointer start lagging.
Methods to Resolve “QuickBooks has stopped working”
There are different solutions to this error message, you can choose the one that you easy and simple to implement.
Method 1 – Allot a different name to the INI file
- If you are renaming the QBWUSER.INI records, it is going to delete the rundown of the organization documents that are opened beforehand. Prefer to re-open your file physically.
- Modify the name of the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- After following all these steps if your program starts again, then try to open a test company file.
Method 2 – Use the QBInstall Tool
QB Install Diagnostic Tool is very beneficial as it can detect the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error easily and tries to fix it. Manual interference is very less in this case; users just have to implement some quick steps to get rid of the issue.
- Start with downloading the “QBInstall Tool.”
- Install the tool in your system.
- Make sure that you are closing all the background running programs.
- On the QBInstall tool, the user is required to click the “Run” button.
- Please note than the tool may take up to 20 minutes to scan the ongoing problems with QB.
- After the completion of the “Scan Process,” the tool will automatically detect the issue and tries to fix it with the Microsoft components QuickBooks program uses.
- At last, reboot the computer.
This is one of the easiest methods to resolve the error as users don’t need to put any additional efforts into this.
Method 3 – Use the QB System Repair Tool
- At first, you need to download the “QB repair tool.”
- After downloading, save the file in any local folder, available on the desktop.
- You are required to install this tool after shutting down all the opened program.
- To scan the whole device, the tool may take 20 minutes.
- Once the scanning is done, and the program is repaired by the tool, the user can restart the console.
Method 4 – Use the QB Refresher Tool
If you are facing “QuickBooks has stopped working” error, then you can do it with the QB refresher tool. This shoot can troubleshoot common QB issues with Intuit.
- Close the QB software.
- Download the QBRefresher tool and “save” the file on your computer.
- Execute the tool by clicking on the “Run” tab.
- The tool automatically detects the problem and will fix it.
- After the completion of the process, open QB to check if the problem is resolved or not.