Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Not Responding Error ?
QuickBooks is an amazing software that is helping users from all over the world in their business purpose. Though being software, technical glitches are meant to occur. QB has plenty of mistakes, and one of them is “QuickBooks has stopped working.” This error occurs out of nowhere for a range of specialized reasons. Most users face this problem while using QB; to some extent, this error occurs due to the framework. This error makes the program to stop working correctly. If a user tries to open QB again, the application quits itself, and the same message pops up again.
Sometimes, QuickBooks software will stop responding to your command or simply doesn’t open. This type of error certainly occurs in the QuickBooks application. When this error occurs, QuickBooks users are not able to use or operate their QuickBooks account. Sometimes, QuickBooks servers are under maintenance, which might give the QuickBooks Stopped Working error.
Some users might get the QuickBooks Not Responding error. You can contact QuickBooks support to know about the maintenance and how much time it will take. But, if this is not the case, then the cause might be something else. Keep reading to find out the cause and solve this error in your system.
Main Causes Why QB Has Stopped Working
This commonly found problem can occur due to the following reasons.
- When the Windows operating system is damaged.
- When QuickBooks Desktop stops functioning properly.
- If files of the program are corrupted.
- If the hard drive is damaged.
- Disintegrated or corrupted the QBWUSER.INI file.
- If the given name of the company is too big and QB is responding to it, that’s why QB has stopped working.
- An older version of the QuickBooks desktop application might also cause this error. By the older version, it means QuickBooks version 2011 or earlier.
- You might have installed a corrupted or damaged QuickBooks file from the internet.
- Your computer system might be corrupted by malware, viruses, or spyware.
- The company files might be missing or lost from your QuickBooks database.
- Interruption of a firewall, anti-virus, or any other third-party software in the QuickBooks desktop application.
These are the main causes of the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error.
Symptoms and Signs of QB Not Responding Error
These are some main symptoms of the error that can help users to identify the error.
- QB is not opening.
- The device is freeze and is not responding to input commands.
- QB has stopped working before loading the dashboard.
- System shuts down automatically.
- Keyboard and mouse pointer start lagging.
- Your computer screen will display an error message like this: “QuickBooks Stopped Working” or “QuickBooks Stops Responding.”
- All the active programs of windows that are currently running will suddenly crash down.
- QuickBooks Won’t Open.
- The QuickBooks application will not load even after updating the QuickBooks application software.
- QuickBooks will automatically shut-down and display the error message every time it opens.
- You will not be able to access or open your QuickBooks or QuickBooks related material.
Also Read: QuickBooks Not Opening after Windows Update Error
How To Prevent the QuickBooks Stopped Working Error from Happening?
Below are some ways by which you can prevent the QuickBooks stopped working error from occurring:
- Always have the updated version of the QuickBooks application. An updated version helps in the smooth functioning and operations of the application software. Also, it will avoid the chances of occurring several errors that happen in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Ensure that the regional settings are set to the US locale. As, if you are using QuickBooks on MacOS, then this can only be supported in the US region. So, kindly check that your settings are located in the US region.
- On the other hand, make sure to have an updated version of the windows operating system too. As Windows operating systems must be updated regularly to avoid any virus, malware, or any other minor error to happen in the system. This will help in preventing corruption in your computer system.
- QuickBooks also doesn’t respond when you are trying to open a company file. It can be possible that your company file is damaged in some way. Try to check the file extension of the company file. A working QuickBooks company file has a .qbw file extension. If there is any other file extension, immediately change it to the accurate one.
Try these steps also to Prevent the QuickBooks Stopped Working Error from Happening
- Avoid downloading QuickBooks related files from any other websites. Some websites have malware and viruses that can corrupt your computer system. In some cases, spyware will steal your personal information like passwords, history, etc through the downloaded file. So, it is recommended to always download the QuickBooks related file from the official website of QuickBooks.
- Make sure that there are no additional programs that are running in the background especially when you are trying to access the QuickBooks application. Some background programs interfere with the QuickBooks servers and result in QuickBooks Stopped Working error.
- You can try running anti-virus software on your computer. This will help in clearing out the virus and other malware sources that are harming the computer system.
Also Read: QuickBooks Installation Error 1722
Methods to Resolve “QuickBooks has stopped working”
There are different solutions to this error message, you can choose the one that you easy and simple to implement.
Method 1 – Allot a different name to the INI file
- If you are renaming the QBWUSER.INI records, it is going to delete the rundown of the organization documents that are opened beforehand. Prefer to re-open your file physically.
- Modify the name of the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- After following all these steps if your program starts again, then try to open a test company file.
Method 2 – Use the QBInstall Tool
QB Install Diagnostic Tool is very beneficial as it can detect the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error easily and tries to fix it. Manual interference is very less in this case; users just have to implement some quick steps to get rid of the issue.
- Start with downloading the “QBInstall Tool.”
- Install the tool in your system.
- Make sure that you are closing all the background running programs.
- On the QBInstall tool, the user is required to click the “Run” button.
- Please note than the tool may take up to 20 minutes to scan the ongoing problems with QB.
- After the completion of the “Scan Process,” the tool will automatically detect the issue and tries to fix it with the Microsoft components QuickBooks program uses.
- At last, reboot the computer.
This is one of the easiest methods to resolve the error as users don’t need to put any additional efforts into this.
Method 3 – Use the QB System Repair Tool
- At first, you need to download the “QB Repair Tool.”
- After downloading, save the file in any local folder, available on the desktop.
- You are required to install this tool after shutting down all the opened program.
- To scan the whole device, the tool may take 20 minutes.
- Once the scanning is done, and the program is repaired by the tool, the user can restart the console.
Method 4 – Use the QB Refresher Tool
If you are facing “QuickBooks has stopped working” error, then you can do it with the QB refresher tool. This shoot can troubleshoot common QB issues with Intuit.
- Close the QB Software.
- Download the QBRefresher tool and “save” the file on your computer.
- Execute the tool by clicking on the “Run” tab.
- The tool automatically detects the problem and will fix it.
- After the completion of the process, open QB to check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 5: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is designed to re-installing the QuickBooks desktop application in a more secure and clean way. You can either download it from the website or find it in the QuickBooks Tools Hub application. Below are the steps to find the tool in the tools hub application:
- Open the QuickBooks Tools Hub application on your system.
- Go to the ‘Installation Issues’ menu.
- You will see the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Click on it.
- Click on the ‘Allow’ option if the confirmation message pop-up.
- After that, this tool will un-install your application and then cleanly re-installs the same.
- This will take approximately 10-15 minutes for the process to complete.
- Reboot your system and restart the computer.
If you are still not able to fix this issue, then get in touch with the Support for QuickBooks Error +1(860) 544-6044 team, and get immediate assistance.