How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15102?
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market till date. It allows the hassle-free running of payroll and thus automatically operates the payroll whenever you need. However, while working on this software, it might be possible that you face issues that hamper your work. One such problem is QuickBooks Update Error 15102. This error mainly appears while downloading the payroll or QB desktop updates. Let’s find out some of the possible causes that lead to the occurrence of this error along with the solutions to fix the same.
Causes of QB Error 15102
There are multiple causes owing to which error code 15102 generates on your Intuit system. Some of them are:
- When the given download link is not valid and the user has turned on the shared option.
- It occurs when the user is not operating the latest version of the software.
- It may be possible that you are working on QB software in the terminal services environment in the multi-user mode.
- If you are not operating the application as an admin or haven’t logged in as the administrator.
Methods to Fix QB Error 15102
To eradicate this QuickBooks Error Code 15102 from your system, there are multiple solutions to fix. The user can try either one of them or all to troubleshoot this error in less than no time.
Solution 1: Switch to the single-user mode
Working on the multi-user mode can lead to the occurrence of this error and thus, it is advised to switch to the single-user mode and check whether the error is fixed or not. For this, you need to go to the File menu and tap on the Single-user mode.
Solution 2: Check whether the mapped file location is accurate
The next best solution is to check whether the mapped file location is accurate or not. To do this, you are advised to use the below mentioned guidelines.
- First of all, press F2 to open the product info window.
- There, you find the file mapped location, click to access the same.
- Tap on the Help menu and select to Update QuickBooks.
- Click to the Option tab to authenticate the info in the download location.
- The user must know that if the shared option is set to Yes, then drive in the Download location has to be in the same drive that is present in Product Info Window.
- However, if the shared option to set to No, then the directory in the download location must be identical to the QB desktop installation directory.
- If the location is incorrect, then you will have to change the state of location.
- Turn to Yes if No is selected to the shared download.
- Turn to No if Yes is selected to the shared download.
- Exit the window and get the latest version of the tax table once again to eradicate QuickBooks Error Code 15102.
Solution 3: Run QB desktop as an admin
- Tap on the QB desktop icon and go to the Run as Admin option.
- When the UAC prompt appears, hit the continue button to run the application.
- Set the QB updates again. If still the error remains, then go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Remap the drive to the new letter
- To initiate the process, close the QB Company File.
- The user will have to map their drive to the new letter.
- Open the Company File in the mapped drive.
- Click on Help and then select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Tap on the Options tab.
- Turn off the shared download option and turn it on again.
- Select the Save button and close the application.
Hope these solutions are capable enough to eradicate QuickBooks Error Code 15102 from your system; however, if you still face issues in these troubleshooting steps, then call +1-800-729-1746 support for QuickBooks immediately and seek guidance.