How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12157?
Generally, the 12000 series errors are related to the internet connectivity error that can cause when the user servers have a poor or unstable internet connection. The API helps to access several protocols that connect with FTP and HTTP. QuickBooks Error 12157 occurs when a user tries to download or update payrolls but the network connection is not supportive enough to complete the installation. It is recommended to speak with your internet service provider (ISP) and repair the issue that is occurring in the internet connection.
If you are facing QuickBooks Payroll update error 12157, then you should know that it falls under the 12000 error code series. This type of error mainly occurs due to web connectivity problems in Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet. It is also known as WinInet API.
QuickBooks update error 12157 stops updates from getting integrated with the software. This can lead to serious problems in the future. That’s because these updates consist of bug fixes and powerful features to enhance your overall experience of the software.
What are the causes of QuickBooks payroll update error 12157?
Some of the possible causes of error 12157 include the following:
- It might be possible that your computer system is affected by malware, spyware, or viruses.
- An older or un-updated version of the QuickBooks application can also lead to this error.
- As stated above, there might be a problem with your internet connection services.
- Also, you might have the older version of the windows operating system.
- It is also possible that you have improperly installed the QuickBooks payrolls or might have installed a corrupted payroll file in your system.
- If your internet security and firewall settings restrict the connection.
- If you have more than one version of QuickBooks installed in your PC.
- Certain internet settings or security applications can also lead to this particular error while updating your QuickBooks Desktop Software.
Signs of the QuickBooks Error 12157
The following are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks Update Error 12157:
- Your computer screen will flash an error message along with the mentioned error code like this: “QuickBooks Error 12157 occurred: QuickBooks is unable to install the payroll update. There is something wrong with your connection. If the situation persists, contact the QuickBooks customer support.”
- Your computer system will suddenly crash.
- Also, windows programs that are currently active will crash after the error message flash.
- You might see the error message continuously pop-up on your QuickBooks windows wherever you try to download or update your payrolls.
- The windows start to respond very sluggishly. In rare cases, it completely stops responding.
- Keyboard, mouse, and other windows inputs will respond very slowly to a command.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Things To Keep in Mind Before Solving the QuickBooks Error 12157
Below are the things that you need to remember before you solve the QuickBooks Error 12157:
- If the problem is with your internet connection, immediately contact your internet service provider and fix the problem that is causing the issue. Then try to download the payrolls in QuickBooks.
- It is necessary to first download the latest version of the QuickBooks application. The users, especially those with QuickBooks version 2012 or earlier, should update the application software as soon as possible. This will prevent many unnecessary errors that happen in QuickBooks.
- Along with updating the QuickBooks application, update your windows operating system as well. If your windows are of the latest updates, then skip this point.
- Go to your internet and firewall settings, check if there is something is wrong with them. If you see any restriction on QuickBooks or QuickBooks installation, immediately remove or disable it.
- If your computer system is infected with viruses or malware, install anti-virus software that will remove and clear out the viruses that are causing this issue.
The above tips are some of the quick solutions that can resolve this error quickly. But if those solutions are not working out for you, you can try to solve the error by following the below-mentioned solutions.
How to solve QuickBooks payroll update error 12157?
If you are looking for ways to solve the problem then these are the steps you need to follow.
Solution 1: Re-install the QuickBooks application
- Close all the programs including QuickBooks.
- Refresh your system.
- Go to the QuickBooks icon.
- Right-click and select the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- After that, you will get a confirmation message that asks you if you really want to uninstall this application, click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- Now, go to your web browser.
- In the search box, type ‘QuickBooks official website’.
- Click on the first search result.
- Click on the download link of the QuickBooks application.
- After the Completing download, click on the downloaded file.
- Install the application by following the instruction that displays on the screen.
- QuickBooks asks you for the license agreement, click on the ‘I Accept’ button.
- When the installation finishes, choose the ‘QuickBooks’ icon to open it.
- The application will ask you to login or sign-up for your account.
- Fill out the credentials and try to update your payrolls again.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error H505
Solution 2: Check the date and time of your computer
Sometimes, wrong or inaccurate date and time can also lead to the QuickBooks Error Code 12157, follow the steps to rectify this:
- Open your settings on your desktop.
- Go to the ‘Date and Time Settings’ option.
- Check if your date and time are accurate or not.
- If it is not, click on the ‘Adjust Date and Time’ tab.
- After that, set the date and time accurately.
- Click on the ‘Save’ option and close the window.
- Refresh and open your QuickBooks application.
- Try to update payrolls.
Below given are some more solutions that help in fixing the QuickBooks error 12157:
Step 1: Advanced settings:
Step 2: Close your QuickBooks Software and then go to internet explorer.
Step 3: Now go to the tools tab in the menu bar and then to internet options.
Step 4: Click on the option advanced tab.
Step 5: Choose restore advanced settings tab and then close the Window.
Step 6: Firewall/Third party application configuration
Sometimes the settings of Firewall and other third-party security applications can restrict QB to Update the software and payroll service as well. It should allow outgoing and incoming through 10172 ports. The files that internet needs to access are:
QuickBooks Desktop & internet explorer settings:
You need to make sure that the settings of both internet explorer and your desktop should coincide with each other. You need to verify and update them with the latest bug fixes.
Read more Related Article:-