The need for QuickBooks password retrieval has increased dramatically as a result of recent cybercrime cases. Stringent protection is needed in order to protect sensitive information. Also, when you change QuickBooks password, it becomes helpful in finding any possible theft problems. It is essential for users to keep their admin accounts up to date. With all of this in mind, we’ve created this post, in which we’ll go through the entire process of changing the password for QuickBooks admin users.
Important Points To Keep in Mind Before Changing the QuickBooks Password
After you’ve agreed to change your password, or if the situation needs it, there are a few things you can’t afford to forget.
- Your password should be at least 7 characters long, according to the password requirements.
- In addition, it must have at least one numeric character.
- Only one uppercase letter is needed.
- In addition, spaces are not permitted in passwords.
- Passwords are also case-sensitive.
- Be sure to use a password that is a little more difficult to guess.
- One thing to keep in mind is that the caps lock and num lock both have an influence on the password.
Details Required To Change QuickBooks Password
QuickBooks financial reporting software takes a number of steps to verify the identity of the user before modifying the administrator password. The following details and account information will be needed in the process:
- The license number for QuickBooks is 15 digits long.
- Full name of an individual who has access to the QuickBooks account.
- The consumer also needed the contact’s email address.
- Changes to the password include the registered business contact number.
- The Zipcode that QuickBooks has on file is also included in the list.
It’s worth remembering that the information should be entered exactly as it appears on the Intuit account. The QB consumer will step forward after collecting all of the above information.
Also Read: How To Change Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks?
Identifying the Sort of Password that Needs to be Reset
It is essential to first decide the kind of password you want to change before moving on to the solutions for updating or resetting the password. Since the solutions for updating QuickBooks passwords for admin and other users are different, you must first decide the type of password.
- If you don’t need a user name and just want to sign in with a password, update the administrator password.
- Also, if you use the admin user name “Admin” or another previously developed admin user name.
- It’s possible that a user who isn’t an admin user wants to update or update the password for a regular user. In such instances, the user may contact the administrator account and request that the password be changed for them.
Steps To Change QuickBooks Password
There are several scenarios to change QuickBooks password. Following are the steps of these different scenarios:
Scenario 1: QuickBooks 2020 Administrator Account Reset
- On the company account window, the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 user can pick “I forgot my password.”
- Then select an email from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- An email with a token to change the password will be sent to the recipient.
Note: If your email address isn’t mentioned in the drop-down list, pick the “Don’t see your email in the list above?” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
Finally, enter the token you received via email to effectively reset your password.
Scenario 2: For QuickBooks 2019 and prior versions, reset the administrator password.
- To get started with QuickBooks 2019, open the program. In the login window, select the “I forgot my password” icon.
- The user will be prompted to enter the details needed after tapping on the connection. The following details will be included:
- The number of the license.
- Also, the name, ZIP code, email address, and phone number are all required.
- When you click OK, a code will be sent to your registered email address.
- Then proceed to generate a new password by following the on-screen instructions.
Scenario 3: You already have the password and just want to update it (For other versions of QuickBooks)
- First and foremost, the user must access the company register.
- Choose Company > Set up users and passwords > Update your password as the next move.
- The user must now enter his or her new password in the current password area.
- Following that, the user must enter the new password in both the New Password and Verify New Password fields.
- The final move is to press the OK button.
Procedure To Change QuickBooks Password For Another User
Let’s take a glimpse at the steps needed in modifying another user’s password.
- To start, log in as an administrator to the company register.
- After that, the user can proceed to the company menu and choose “Set up users and passwords“, followed by Set up users.
- When prompted, the user must type the password again in the next stage.
- Then, from the user list, select the user whose password needs to be changed.
- Then select the ‘Edit User’ tab.
- Fill in the appropriate fields with the new password.
- The final move is to press ‘Next’ twice and then tap the Finish button.
The process of changing QuickBooks passwords can be easy yet a bit long. This blog will help you to change QuickBooks password manually. For further assistance and guidance, contact QuickBooks customer service experts via live chat.
Read More Related Articles: