Causes of the QuickBooks PDF Converter Error
The following are the causes of the QuickBooks PDF Converter error:
- It might happen that the record part of the PDF is lost or missing.
- The PDF Converter might be disconnected from the server.
- Another cause can be the inability of the framework to connect with the printer.
- The unavailability of the arranged network can cause the PDF converter error.
- It might be possible that the printer issues are not introduced properly.
- The most common reason can be an older version of the QuickBooks application.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks PDF Converter Error
The following are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks PDF Converter error:
- The QuickBooks users will not be able to print or convert a PDF version of their company documents.
- Your screen will display an error message that will let you know that there is something wrong with the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- The QuickBooks PDF converter tool will become unresponsive completely.
- Continuously pop-up of the error messages on your computer screen.
How to Fix QuickBooks PDF Converter?
As the name implies, QuickBooks PDF Converter is the feature introduced by Intuit to convert Company’s QB reports into PDF format. Designed with a simple user interface, this tool allows you to make this conversion in a blink of an eye. In addition to this, QB PDF Converter lets you share your files and documents with various associates who are not part of the QB family. Let’s find out some of the benefits of using this feature along with the procedure to install this tool on your system.
How to Install QB PDF Converter?
Getting QB PDF Converter installed on the system is not at all a challenging task. All you have to do is follow the step-by-step procedure given here and install QuickBooks PDF Converter in less than no time.
- First of all, tap on the QB icon on the Windows desktop and select properties.
- Go to the open file location and open the Windows Explorer Window.
- Click to install the application on your system.
- Tap on the OK Button once you are done with the installation process.
- Go to the Windows Start Button and select the Run option.
- Find out the types of control printers in the open field.
- Click on the Ok button and open printers and faxes.
- Select the document converter and change its name which you can easily find.
Benefits of Using QB PDF Converter
QB PDF Converter offers innumerable benefits to the users and, therefore, you are advised to install the same on your system and avail all such advantages. Some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- Third-Party Utility – Although, it is a part of QuickBooks, but is compatible with all third-parties so that you can easily convert the file without thinking twice. It works as a printer and has its own drivers.
- Convert all files – No matter what type of document you have, this tool is capable of converting all types of files into PDF format in less than no time. From balance sheet to reconciliation expenses or statements and everything in between, it is capable of creating PDF files from any QB report.
- Email and Sharing – Once the file is converted to the PDF format, you can easily email the same to the associates. Also, this tool allows you to upload the file on the webserver like a computer network, intranet etc. The user can file this PDF file by using any software that is capable of opening such types of documents.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Email Error?
Fixing the QuickBooks PDF Converter
Generally, the procedure for fixing the QuickBooks PDF Converter takes up to 25 minutes. To successfully fix the PDF converter tool, you need to carefully follow the below-given steps:
- Sign in to your windows as an administrator.
- Open the window of ‘Printers and Faxes’.
- For the users of Windows 7 or Vista, hit the ‘Start’ button (Window’s logo), and then choose the ‘Run’ option.
- If you didn’t see the ‘Run’ option, select the ‘Start Search’ option, in case you are using Vista. Click on the ‘Search Program Files’ in case you are using the Windows 7 version.
- In the blank search box, type ‘Control Printers’ and then click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- For the users of Windows XP, hit the ‘Start’ button (Window’s logo), and then click on the ‘Run’ button.
- In the blank search field, type ‘Control Printers’, click to open the file.
- Select the ‘Ok’ option.
- Now, you need to delete the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
For the users of Windows XP and Vista
- Right-click on the icon of the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Choose the ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove’ option.
- You will get a confirmation message that asks you if you really want to delete the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option.
Also Read: QuickBooks Not Opening After Windows Update
For the users of Windows 7
- Right-click on the icon of the tool QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Choose the ‘Remove Tool’ option.
- Your screen will display a confirmation message that is asking you if you really want to remove this tool from your device.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- On your desktop, right-click on the icon of the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Click on the ‘Find Target’ or ‘Open File Location’ option.
- You need to install the PDF Converter.
- After that, click on the ‘Install.exe’ or ‘Install Application’ option.
- When the installation completes, click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Hit on the ‘Start’ button in Windows, and choose the ‘Run’ option.
- If you don’t see the ‘run’ option, select the ‘Start Search’ if you are using Windows Vista. Click on the ‘Search Program and Files’ if you are using Windows 7.
- In the blank search field, type ‘Control Printers’, and then click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- This will open the ‘Printers’ window.
- For the users of Windows XP or Vista, choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- For the users of Windows 7, choose the ‘Printer Properties’ option.
- Select the version of the QuickBooks PDF Converter you are using. For example:
- The QuickBooks PDF Converter is suitable for the QuickBooks version 2007, 2008, 2009 R1 to R8, and 2009 R11.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter 2.0 is suitable for the QuickBooks version 2010 R1 and R2, and 2010 R6 and above.
- For QuickBooks version 2009 R9 and R10, and 2010 R3, R4, and R5.
Alternative Solution: Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Visit the official website of the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Click on the download link.
- Download the tool in your system.
- Select the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file.
- Open the file and install it by following the instructions prompting on your computer screen.
- On the license agreement, read the agreement thoroughly, and click on the ‘I Accept’ button.
- After that, open the tool.
- In the left-hand side menu bar, choose the ‘Program Problems’ menu.
- Here, you will see three different tools in green color rectangular boxes.
- Find the ‘QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool’ from these three tools.
- Click on that to run it in your system.
- Allow necessary permissions to the tool in order to run it on your desktop.
- This tool will solve the problem causing errors in the QuickBooks PDF Converter tool.
- After that, you will get a confirmation message that the error has been resolved.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Reboot your system.
- Open your computer again.
- Check if the issue is resolved or not.
Steps to Convert QB File to PDF
Follow the given steps to convert the QB report to the PDF file.
- Tap on the file and print.
- Click the down arrow present next to the Printer.
- Select the QuickBooks PDF Converter XX where this XX indicates the version of this tool that is installed on your system.
- Hit the Print button to start the converter.
- Enter the file name and finally click on the save button to save the PDF file.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.