QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301
No matter how effective software is, there are certain conditions where you get encountered with errors. One such issue is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301. This error mainly occurs when the Intuit attempts to open the Company File. This error totally prohibits the user from working on the system and thus hinders the productivity. If you are tired of this error message and want to get rid of the same, then worry not and follow the solutions mentioned here. These methods will surely fix the error and allow you to work smoothly.
Causes of QB Error 6000 301
There are several causes that lead to the error 6000 301. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- The prominent cause of this error is the damaged single or multiple files of QB Desktop Support such as TLG, DSN etc.
- The user may face this issue if the Company File is damaged.
- Yet another cause of this QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301 is the installation of the encryption software. It will surely hamper the work in progress.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301?
It is advised to follow the below-mentioned procedure step by step to root out this error from your system. Don’t miss out on any single step to avoid further hiccups.
Step 1: Get the software updated
- First of all, users are advised to update the software to the latest version and it will surely help you in wiping out of the issues.
Step 2: QuickBooks Support Files
To eradicate this error, the user must have to rename the QB Support Files by using the below mentioned steps.
- Open the folder where the Company File is saved.
- Make a search for the extensions like .tlg, .nd, and .dsn.
- You are advised to change the names of all these files and also add .old with them.
- Now, the files will be created automatically in the QB.
Step 3: Install QB Files Doctor
Get the QB files doctor installed on the computer, scan for the errors and follow the simple steps to eliminate them.
- Double click the .exe file and make sure that the file doctor has been installed.
- Look out for the icon on the Windows taskbar if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Find out the Company File. However, if you don’t find the same, then worry not and click on the browse option to get the exact location.
- The user will have to choose both network connection and file damage.
- Enter the admin password.
- You are advised to pick the host or workstation carefully.
- Tap on the Yes if you are running File Doctor on the Computer that hosts the Company File; otherwise, click on NO.
- Here, the diagnosis process of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301 comes to an end.
Step 4: Disable the Encrypted Software
- If you have installed any encryption software, then it is high time to disable the same immediately to fix this issue.
Hope the above-mentioned solutions are capable enough to eradicate this error; however, if you still face the issue, then worry not and connect with the QuickBooks error support phone number +1-800-729-1746 at any time for quick guidance.