Being the most efficient financial management software, QuickBooks is widely popular all over the world. Intuit keeps releasing new updates to fix the issue and to provide users a better experience. It is important to download and install the latest version to improve the program functionality to make your task easy. QuickBooks Desktop is the latest version of QB, and it is not difficult to update QuickBooks Desktop. Users can do it either manually or automatically; go through the article and know the process to QB Desktop Update.
Reasons for the QB update
It is necessary to get the latest version of QB due to the following reasons.
- New version is always easy to handle.
- Accounting activities can be easily finished.
- Updating provides a lot of new features for account management.
- Avail advance support for service.
Difference between QuickBooks Upgrade & QuickBooks update
In the QB update, all the new features and technology can be added to the QB software or in the QB Desktop. Users are allowed to migrate or change the old version of QB to a new version in the QuickBooks Desktop upgrade.
Methods of Update QuickBooks Desktop
As mentioned earlier, it can be updated in two different ways; let’s discuss both ways in detail.
Method 1 – With the help of QB
- Navigate to the “File” menu, and select the “Close Company/Logoff” icon.
- Now, choose the exit tab in the “File” menu.
- Open QuickBooks by making a right-click on its icon.
- After this, choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Move to the “Help” menu, available in the “No Company Open” menu.
- Now, choose the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Navigate to the “Update Now” option to update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check the box, saying “Reset Update.”
- Click on the “Get Updates” button.
- A dialogue will appear in front of you, once you have completed the update process. Now, shut down QB.
- After this, open the QB application again, and if you discover any install update message, then click on the “Yes” tab.
- Restart the program after the installation.
Method 2 – Use the Internet
- If you want to update by using the internet, then open the official site of QuickBooks.
- Move to the “Download the updates” page.
- From the “Select Product” drop-down menu, select your QB product.
- From the “Select Version” drop-down menu, select the appropriate version.
- After this, click on the “search” button to find the latest version to update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the search is completed, click on the “Get latest updates” option.
- To download the update, click on the “Save File/ Save” option.
- Once the update is downloaded, perform a double-click to install it.
- At last, restart your system.
Method 3- Ultra-Light Patch (ULIP)
ULIP is a special characteristic in QB Desktop, with the help of which all the minor issues can be fixed easily. Follow the first manual method if you want to update through ULIP.
These are the three methods that can be performed manually.
Method 1 – Install the automatic update
- Go to the “Help” menu after opening your QB account.
- From the menu list, select the “Update QuickBooks.”
- Hit on the “Update Now” tab, available in the “Update QuickBooks” screen.
- Now, perform a click on the “Get Updates” option, restart the QB application.
- Accept the option whatever is prompted, and the latest version is installed will all new features.
If you want to change the older version to a new one, then perform QuickBooks Desktop upgrade.
Method 2 – Automatic download for future
- Select the “Update QuickBooks” option in the “Help” menu.
- You will be forwarded to a new window after clicking on this option.
- Select the “Options” tab, and turn on the “automatic” option to update the desktop.
- Choose the radio button for “Yes.”
- At last, make a click on the “Close” tab.
These are different methods to update the desktop; apply any of it and get your QB Desktop updated within no time. If there is any problem in understanding the procedure to update QuickBooks Desktop, then get instant support from QuickBooks.