The search box helps the users in finding a particular item or file. It is very frustrating in QuickBooks when you are not able to use the ‘Search’ option. Even more frustrating is when this error occurs, the QuickBooks application starts hanging.
Identification of QuickBooks Search not working.
- Happens while monitoring Firewall settings.
- Attempt to index.
- Re-opening the QuickBooks application.
- While downloading QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Search not working.
- Registry issue in Windows Operating System.
- The search box gets attacked with some virus or malware.
- Firewall hindrance for security.
- An out-dated version of QuickBooks application.
- Corrupted Index file.
Methods to solve QuickBooks Search not Working.
Method 1. Changing the name of Search Index File.
- Exit QuickBooks and go to the Windows Start button.
- Enter *.SearchIndex in the search bar and proceed.
- The screen displays folders that contain QuickBooks company files and you can move QBW.SearchIndex Folder here.
- At the end of the folder name, type .old extension and click ‘Save’.
- Re-start the QuickBooks application and from the top-left corner, click the search bar.
- Select the ‘Update Search Information’ option.
- Click Ok, when the screen displays this, “An update in progress, please wait”.
Method 2. Download the QuickBooks application again.
- You have to uninstall the QuickBooks application from your computer.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Go to the program and features.
- Select the QuickBooks to display options.
- Select ‘Uninstall the Application’.
- From their official site, install the clean copy of the QuickBooks package.
- Double-click on the package to download the QuickBooks application on your computer.
Also Read: – QuickBooks Error Code H505
Method 3. Browse Cache Clean-up.
- Go to the Chrome Browser, click on the top-right corner and select the three-dot icon.
- Choose the ‘More Tools’ option from the drop-down list.
- From the ‘More Tools’ option, the list displays the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option, select it.
- Modify the time range according to your need.
- You are now able to delete your history, basic and advanced cache/data.
- Go to the ‘Clear Data’ option if you need to clear the basic cache. Check-mark entire boxes.
- For clearing all cache and data, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and check-mark all boxes.
- Select the ‘Clear Data’ option, it will be completed after a few minutes.
- Your all data and cache has been cleared.
Method 4. Fixing the Corrupted Windows Registry Files
- For fixing the corrupted window registry, you should have a deep understanding and knowledge regarding both the windows registry file system and operating system.
- You need an expert to solve the problem if you don’t have enough knowledge and understanding of it.
Method 5. Disabling Windows Firewall Temporarily.
- Go to the Window Control Panel and click on the Firewall setting. Click ‘Turn-off’ and attempt to open QuickBooks.
- But if you have an external firewall installed on your computer, then you have to visit their official website to know the disabling process.
This article covers the maximum possible information and solutions about QuickBooks Search not working. If you still get any queries or want any QuickBooks Professional help, you can contact this number: +1-877-349-3776.
See More Related Post:
- QuickBooks upgrade
- Download QuickBooks tool hub
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool