How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15101?
There is no denying the fact that nothing is entirely perfect in this world and the same goes with QuickBooks. Though it is the prominent accounting software available in the market till date but still it is prone to the glitches that must be fixed as soon as possible. One such error that the ser might face while working on the Intuit is QuickBooks Error Code 15101. This issue mainly appears during or after updating the payroll update. There are several causes owing to which this error occurs. Let’s find out some of the reasons along with the possible solutions to fix the same.
Causes of QB Error 15101
Have you ever got the message that ‘QuickBooks Cannot Update’? This is the error code 15101 where you are unable to perform any other function or even exit the QB windows unless you close the dialog box. There are several possible causes that lead to this error. Some of them are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- When the digital signature certificate is uninstalled
DSC i.e. Digital Signature Certificate is mandatory for ensuring the safety of the internet connection and if this certificate got damaged, then it will surely lead to the QuickBooks Error Code 15101.
- When exe is not operating properly
Yet another possible cause of this error is that the exe file is not operating properly.
- Improper Internet Setting
Internet connection is imperative to download the payroll update and if there is any problem in the internet settings, then it might cause this error.
Methods to Fix QB Error 15101
Fixing QB Error 15101 is much easier than you think. One can use any of the below mentioned solutions and fix this error in less than no time.
Solution 1: Install the Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to the start menu and look out for the QBW32.exe file.
- Click on the program file and select properties.
- Tap on the Digital Signature tab.
- On the list, the user will have to select the Intuit Inc.
- In this step, you will have to select details and click to view the certificate.
- Now, install the certificate to proceed further.
- For installation, follow the on-screen prompts and start the Intuit once again.
Solution 2: Make Correction in the Internet Explorer Settings
The next best solution to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15101 is to make corrections in the internet explorer settings and continue with your work.
- First of all, go to the internet explorer and select tools.
- Click on the internet options and move to the next step.
- There, you will find the Connection tab. Under this tab, the user will have to select the LAN settings.
- Be sure to select the Automatically Detect settings option.
- The user will have to leave the proxy server blank and uncheck TLS 1.2 option.
Solution 3: Finish QBConnector.exe
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on the keyboard to open the task manager. Or else, the user can also access the task manager by clicking on the taskbar.
- Thereafter, you will find the processes tab where you are required to look for the QBC.exe file.
- Once you get the file, click on the same and tap to End Process.
Hope the above-mentioned solutions are capable enough to eradicate QuickBooks Error Code 15101 from your system. However, if you still face the trouble, then there is no need to worry. You can either contact the support team to seek prompt guidance or you can also call the QuickBooks error +1-877-349-3776 professional to solve this issue as soon as possible.