How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263?
QuickBooks Payroll is efficient software, which provides a cutting-edge platform to the businesses, where they can manage their payroll, HR, and employee service that, too, with ease. It is loaded with many incredible features that have made the payroll process an easy affair.
Intuit keeps on coming up with new updates that come with new and enhanced features. Moreover, in every new update, all the software drawbacks from previous payroll editions are eradicated. In order to reap the benefits of enhanced and more advanced features included in the latest release, the user needs to run the payroll update periodically.
However, running a payroll update is no cakewalk because it needs a favorable system environment; otherwise, it may lead to a technical error. QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263 is one such payroll update error, which occurs when the QuickBooks Update is not completed successfully. Majorly, the main cause behind this error is faulty internet settings.
After receiving requests from several users, we have created an easy to use guide on “How to eliminate QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263”. Follow this troubleshooting guide till the end to get rid of the issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263
If you are unable to update your payroll successfully and getting error code 15263, it may be possible that it is happening because of incorrect internet settings. Here we have mentioned a few of the dominant reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263.
- Outdated operating system with corrupted drivers
- Downloading for untrusted site
- Corrupted software file
- Outdated Internet Explorer Versions
- Incorrect internet configuration
- Restriction from firewall and antivirus
If you want to know the exact reason behind the error message in your case, then we suggest you connect with certified QuickBooks Pro Advisors for assistance.
Different Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks error 15263
We have mentioned some of the best troubleshooting methods that will help users to eliminate QuickBooks payroll error 15263. We recommend users to implement troubleshooting solutions based on the cause that is giving rise to the error in their case.
Solution 1: Restore Advanced Settings of IE
Follow each step attentively to get rid of the issue.
- Close the running QuickBooks Application to start this troubleshooting process.
- In this step, launch Internet Explorer.
- Go to the menu bar on upper right section and click on “Tools” to select.
- Now look for Internet Options and click to select “Advanced Tab.”
- In this step, click to select the “restore advanced settings” option.
- Now click on “OK” and further click on “Done” to confirm the changes.
- In this step, go back to the QuickBooks application and run the payroll update once again to check if the issue persists.
Let’s begin with steps to add the above files in the windows’ firewall exception list.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard.
- A search bar will open along with the “Start Menu.”
- Type in “Windows Firewall” in the search bar.
- You will be shown a few options to choose from based on your search inputs.
- Click on the “Windows Firewall” option to select.
- Further, go to the “Advanced Settings” from the left menu bar.
- Now click on the “Advanced Settings.”
- “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” will open up on the screen.
- Further, click on the “Inbound Rules.”
- Select “New Rule” and further select the correct port.
- Click on “Next” and ensure that the TCP is selected.
- Enter the correct port for the version of your QuickBooks Desktop. You can refer to the port list mentioned below.
- QuickBooks 2019 port number is 8019
- QuickBooks 2018 port numbers are 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks 2017, it is 56276, 55368-55372.
- Select “Allow Connection” and further click on “Next.”
- Please check if all the files mentioned above are check marked.
- Further, click on “Next” and enter a name for this new rule.
- Now click on “Finish” and implement the same steps to set up the Outbound rule.
Solution 2: Make Internet Explorer as Default Browser
Currently, QuickBooks application, be it desktop, online, or any other related software, they are compatible with “Internet Explorer.” QB doesn’t support any different browser. So, QuickBooks experts suggest users keep “Internet Explorer” as their default browser to have a hassle-free accounting and bookkeeping experience.
Follow the steps mentioned below to make “MSIE” as your default browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer on your system. Ensure that you have “IE” configured. If not, first install it.
- Now go to the Gear icon on the top right corner.
- Further, click on Internet Options.
- Click on “Make Default” under the Programs tab.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Now try to rerun the update to check if the error code has been fixed.
If the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15263 is still showing, then switch to the next solution.
Solution 3: Ensure If the Date and Time of your computer are correct
Most of the QB payroll error code crops up due to incorrect “Date & Time” settings. If your system’s date and time are not correct and you have not set up time zones correctly, then we suggest you change the Date and Time immediately and make it accurate using the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the date and time section on the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- Click to open the “Date & Time” Window. You will find a small window that appears on your screen.
- Now click to select Change Date and Time Settings”. You can also find this settings menu in the Control Panel.
- After clicking, the “Date & Time” window will open on your screen that displays a clock.
- Here click on “Change date and time” and select the correct date and time.
- Further, click on the “Change time zone” link and select the correct time zone.
- Click on “Apply” and later click on “OK.”
- Now run the QuickBooks Payroll updates once again to check if the issue is still coming back.
Solution 4: Check the Cipher Strength
Follow the steps carefully without skipping to know the Cipher strength.
- Launch the Internet Explorer
- Enter https://www.intuit.com/ in the address bar
- Press the “Alt” key on your keyboard.
- A menu bar will appear on your screen.
- Click on the file and further click on “Properties.”
- Look for the number before the phrase “bit encryption,” under connection.
- If the cipher strength is less than 128 bits, it indicates that your Internet Explorer browser is not with 128-bit encryption, and hence, the QuickBooks application process may not work as it should.
Hope you found these troubleshooting methods helpful, and you were able to eliminate QuickBooks Payroll error 15263. In case you were unable to fix the issue on your own, then look no further and contact QuickBooks Error support +1(860) 544-6044 for better assistance.