How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304?
QuickBooks needs no special introduction as this accounting and bookkeeping software has marked its presence worldwide. At times while working on QB, you may be unable to access the Company File and the error message displays ‘QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304’. This error generally occurs when the user tries to open the Company File and there is not enough space on the disk. If your account has reached its quota, then also this error might occur and hampers your work. Read on to know about the possible causes and methods to fix this issue.
Causes of Error 6000 304
There are two major causes that might lead to Error 6000 304.
- When the disk space is running low and is thus unable to load the file.
- The accounting software has exceeded its memory usage limit.
Methods to Fix Error 6000 304
There is no denying the fact that no one likes to face an error message that usually pops up on the screen while working. Such errors not just hamper your work but degrade productivity as well. Below are mentioned some of the practical solutions with the help of which you can troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304 in no time. Choose any of these methods according to your convenience and get rid of this error quickly.
Solution 1: Make sure you have enough disk space
- First of all, click on My Computer tab.
- Jump to the folder where you have saved the Company File.
- Thereafter, you will have to right-click the hard-disk and select the Properties option.
- Now, tap on the General tab and find out the available free space.
- If space is one such cause of this error 6000 304, then the user will either have to move the Company File to another location or delete or move other files from the hard disk to clear out the space.
- When your disk has enough space, click on the Quota tab.
- Make a search for the spotlight on the left side of the screen.
- If you find the red light, then it simply means that there are no enough disk quotas available.
- However, if you see the green light, then it means that quota is there.
- The user must turn off the disk quotas.
Solution 2: Get your QB file uninstalled and reinstalled
- Uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes is the best option to recover the damage of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304.
- To begin the process, click on Start.
- Go to the Control and select Programs.
- Right click on your QB File and get it uninstalled.
- Once you are done with uninstalling the same, initiate the process reinstalling the same.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and get the re-installation done within little or no time.
Note: It is important to keep the backup of all files before performing the clean installation of QB otherwise it will lead to further hassle later on.
Solutions 3: Follow the steps to repair the QB desktop on your system
- First of all, click on the Start button and move your cursor to the Control option. Click to open the same.
- Jump to the Programs and Features tab and select QuickBooks.
- Click on the same and proceed to uninstall the same.
- Tap next on the QB Window and press the Repair button.
- Follow the steps and get the repair done with much ease and comfort.
Hopefully the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304 gets fixed after following the above-mentioned solutions. However, if you are still facing this trouble while working on the Intuit desktop, then worry not and immediately contact the QB professional who can fix this issue in less than no time. In addition to this, you can also call support for QuickBooks Error +1-800-729-1746 and seek guidance to solve this error.