As you know that the 6000 series errors in the QuickBooks software are closely related to the company file issues. The QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is not any different issue. There can be various reasons for the occurrence of this error. However, it is the most common error that users have to face while operating the QuickBooks application.
Sometimes, the company files a user trying to access might not hold the required permission to view or open the file. It is advisable to speak to the owner of the company file and ask them to provide you with access to certain company files. But if that is not the case, then read the below-given article to solve the QuickBooks Error 6000 82.
Possible Causes of the QuickBooks Error 6000 82
The following are the possible causes of the QuickBooks error 6000 82:
- The main cause of the QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is the damaged or corrupted company files that are saved in the QuickBooks database.
- Any kind of damage or corruption to the company files can lead to this error.
- In case, you have changed the name of the data source folder, then you can expect this error to occur.
- Damaged .ND (Network Data) file.
- You might have installed a corrupted or damaged QuickBooks Desktop application software.
- The QuickBooks user will not be able to find the company file that is stored in QuickBooks on their PC, laptop, or any other device.
- In some cases, the QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted by malware, virus, or a spyware attack in your system.
- It might be possible that you have changed the file extension of the company file. A normal QuickBooks working file has a .qbw file extension at the end of a file name. But if the file extension is .qbb, .qbm, or .qbx, then the wrong file extension is the cause of this error.
Also Read: Microsoft .Net Framework Error in QuickBooks
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 6000 82
The following are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 6000 82:
- The main sign of this error is when your computer will flash an error message box along with the error code mentioned like this: “QuickBooks Error 6000 82 occurred: Unable to open your QuickBooks company files. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.”
- Another sign can be the crashing of the window programs that are currently active on your computer.
- Your computer screen or the QuickBooks application will continuously freeze within a fixed interval of time and get back to normal after a few minutes. This will happen around 4-5 times after the error flash on your screen.
- You will experience a black screen right after the error message pop-up on your screen.
- Windows inputs such as keyboard and mouse will become unresponsive to the command.
- The error message will continuously appear on your computer screen whenever you try to open or access your company files.
Also Read: QuickBooks Stopped Working/ Not Responding
Solution to QuickBooks Error 6000 82
If you are using QuickBooks then you already know how efficient the software is. But just like any other accounting software even QuickBooks can face problems in the form of error codes. If you are bothered by QuickBooks error 6000 82 then you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will help you solve the error.
What causes QB Error 6000 82?
QuickBooks error code 6000 82 can take place because of any Corrupted or damaged files in QuickBooks. It shows that the QB file cannot be located on another computer in the network. However, this may also occur if the data source name is damaged. Maybe it can also rise because your Sofware could be encrypted.
How to solve QuickBooks Error 6000 82?
There are many ways to solve this particular error but we have suggested only the best solutions for you.
Solution 1: Check the Company File Extension
1: First of all, you need to exit QuickBooks Desktop.
2: Open the folder where the company file is stored.
3: Now right-click on the company files and click the option rename.
4: Click on the name of the file and verify it. Also, remove the spaces between the file extension and the name of the company.
Solution 2: Fix by Setting Company File Location
1: Press F2 with QB open. This will open the product information window.
2: Hosting is set to local files only. Go to the local server information at the bottom of the Window and check it.
3: Click the file menu and then select switch to multi-user mode.
4: Now open a company file on a network computer.
5: Press F2 to open the product information page, once when the company file is open.
6: Now verify whether hosting is set to local files only.
Solution 3: Try to Fix by QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then re-scan the company file.
2: Click start and select all programs.
3: Click on QB and select QB database server manager.
4: Click the scan folders tab.
5: Select add folder.
6: Now confirm that the company files in question shows.
7: Open the file again and open QB again.
8: Sign-in your company file.
Solution 4: Check the file extensions of the company file
1: Open your QuickBooks application.
2: Move to the location of the company files storage.
3: Search for the company file that you are trying to access.
4: Right-click on the company file.
5: Choose the ‘Rename’ option.
6: Check the file extension of the company file.
7: If the file extension is .qbw, then this company file is fine. The cause is something else.
8: If the file extension is not .qbw but something else like .qbb, .qbx, or qbm, then you need to remove the extension and add ‘.qbw’ at the end of the file name.
9: Close all the running programs that are currently active.
10: After that, refresh your system.
11: Go to the file location again and check if you can now access the company files.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304
Solution 5: Rename the .ND file
1: Open your QuickBooks application.
2: Go to the location of the company files folder.
3: Check all the files and search for the file that has .ND at the end of the file name.
4: You need to right-click on that file after it is found.
5: Select the ‘Rename’ option.
6: Remove the .ND (Network Data) file extension from the file and add ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name.
7: Refresh your company files and close all the programs.
8: Go to the file location again and check if the company file is now accessible or not.
This should solve the problem of QuickBooks error code 6000 82 that you are facing or else, call QuickBooks Error Support to get instant help to fix issues. You can also chat with them.
See More Related Post: