QB Error 12037: QuickBooks Cannot Complete this Update
Have you ever received QB Error 12037: QuickBooks Cannot Complete this Update message on the screen while working on the Intuit System? Well, this is the common error that mainly occurs when you try to download the latest updates for the payroll services. This error hampers the work and decreases productivity to a great extent. Look, QB accounting software enables the users to manage their Employee payroll services and to run this system smoothly, it is important to upgrade to the latest update available. While updating the same, you might encounter issues that lead to the QB error 12037 message. Read on to find out the possible causes along with the solutions to fix the same.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240
Causes of QB Error Code 12037
There are several causes that might generate this error on the Intuit system and hinder your ongoing task. Let’s find out some of the possible causes behind the same.
- Problem in the Internet connection setting
- Damage to the file owing to the virus attack
- Firewall settings are not allowing QB from accessing the server
Methods to Fix this QB Error 12037
There are multiple solutions available to eradicate QB Error 12037: QuickBooks Cannot Complete this Update from your system. Try out either one of them or all to get rid of this issue permanently.
Solution 1: Test Connectivity Setting
QB needs the proper internet connection to download the latest update of your payroll services and therefore, it is important to make sure that your system is connected to the internet. To modify the settings, the user can use the below-mentioned procedure.
- First of all, download and run TLS 1.2 utility.
- Make sure that internet explorer is your default browser.
- Be sure that you can open the website outside the Intuit application. If still the error continues, then follow the next solution to eradicate the same.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 1603
Solution 2: Check the settings of your Internet Explorer
There is no denying the fact that the problem occurring in Downloading the updates is due to the inappropriate settings in the internet explorer. To change the settings, use the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, the user will have to exit the QuickBooks Application and open the Internet Explorer.
- Choose the tools and then go to the internet options. Press Alt key if you are unable to find the tools and move to the next step to troubleshoot QB Error 12037: QuickBooks cannot complete this update.
- Click on the Globe icon from the Security Tab and make sure that the security is no more than Medium-High.
- Tap on the Never Dial a Connection if you are not using the dial-up mode on the system. However, if you use the same, then select ISP.
- Click on the OK button.
Choose the LAN settings and make sure that automatically detect settings are selected.
- Check out whether Proxy server is not marked and if you use the proxy server option shouldn’t be checked.
- Use a proxy server station shouldn’t be marked if the port is not 80.
- The user will have to uncheck Use a proxy server station box if the port is 80.
- Click on the Ok button if you are done with making the required changes.
- Restore advanced settings from the advanced tab and locate TLS1.2 under settings.
- Click on the OK button and start your computer once again to check out the status of QB Error 12037: QuickBooks Cannot Complete this Update.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.
Read more Related Article
QuickBooks Error 1712
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 17337
QuickBooks Error 1904