How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 ?
QuickBooks Error Code PS058 usually occurs at the time of downloading the latest payroll updates. This error may show up for various causes and can affect the overall performance and production of the software program. The user can face this error when they try to download or install the payroll update and it fails to happen. You must know the fact that the installation passes through several stages such as copying the file to the hard drive, decrypting the files and installing them on the system. It might happen due to the hardware and software usage and totally hampers the work. Go through the page till the end to know about the causes owing to which this error appears and the solutions to troubleshoot them.
Causes of QB Error PS058
QB error PS058 appears when you try to download the payroll update on the system and once this error comes-up, you’ll be unable to download the update. The major causes of this error are given here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- When the user tries to copy the Company Files to the hard drive.
- The files get damaged when you try to decrypt the same by using IE web browser.
- When the user tries to install the file through QBDAgent, this error appears on the screen.
Solutions to Fix the QB Error PS058
If you are planning to solve this error, then use any of the below-mentioned ways and fix the issue in less than no time. Don’t miss out even on the single step to avoid further hiccups.
Step 1: Update QB to the latest version
The first step is to update the QB to the latest version of maintenance. For this, you need to use the below-mentioned procedure.
- Go to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Tap on the Update Now button and exit the QB.
- Start the software once again and proceed to install the payroll updates.
- Move to the Employees section, click on the Get Payroll Updates and tap on the Update option.
Step 2: Make the Use of QuickBooks Log File
- Once you are done with the first step, now, you are required to make the use of QB Log File to scan for the errors.
- Press Ctrl+1 or F2 key while you are using QB.
- Tap on the F3 key when you are in the Product Information window.
- Go to the Tech Help window and tap on the Open File tab.
- Access QBWin.log to open the log file and look out for the available errors.
- If the error comes up, use the instructions to eradicate the QuickBooks Error Code PS058.
Step 3: Access Reboot.bat Utility
If even after using the above-mentioned steps, you are facing the error, then exit the QB software and update the software again. It is high time to access the Reboot.bat utility. You are advised to reboot the system and open it once again. When you are sure that things are done successfully, you can install the payroll update. The user can also repair the QB desktop if they are still feeling unsatisfied.
Hope that this above-mentioned procedure will help you in eradicating QuickBooks Error Code PS058 from your Intuit System. However, if you are still facing trouble in applying these steps or if you are encountering the error, then there is no need to worry. You can either call QuickBooks error support team at any time or connect with the Intuit professional to solve this issue within the least possible time.