How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5?
Also known as Runtime Error, QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5 indicates that the user account for QB data services doesn’t have the appropriate administrator rights. It is one of the most common errors faced by Intuit users and happens when QB fails or crashes while it is operating. Usually, this appears during setting up or using of this application with the multi-user mode. Error 6098, 5 not only hampers your work but decreases your productivity as well and, therefore, it should be fixed immediately. For the users’ sake of convenience, here is mentioned the detailed information of this error along with the methods to solve the same.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6098, 5
There are several causes that might lead to this error in the Intuit system. Some of them are:
- If the QB software installation is incomplete or the downloaded file is damaged somehow.
- If there is a change in the Windows Registry from a recent QB-related software.
- Windows System files or Intuit program files are damaged by the virus or malware attack.
- It might also happen if another program has mistakenly deleted QB-related files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6098, 5
- The user must know the fact that these runtime errors generally occur without any prior warnings. All of the sudden, QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5 messages pops up on the screen while your system is running. This error may come up again and again until you solve the same.
- Yet another symptom of this error is the deletion or creation of new files automatically. Though this symptom can also be caused by the malware infection, it can be attributed as the symptom of Error 6098, 5 as well.
- The user might experience a sudden drop of internet connection speed as well owing to this error. However, this is not always the case.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5
Error 6098, 5 may be persistent but not completely hopeless and you can avoid or fix the same by using any of the below-mentioned solutions. Let’s have a look at some of the solutions that can solve this problem in less than no time.
Solution 1: Get all the Conflicting Programs Closed
This runtime error is generally caused when some programs conflict with each other and, therefore, the first thing you must do to solve this issue is to stop these programs by using the below mentioned steps.
- Click Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the task manager to know the list of programs that are currently running.
- Stop the program one by one by clicking the End Process button.
- The user must need to find out if the error message reoccurs each time he stops the process.
- Identify the program which is leading to the error and use this troubleshooting process to get rid of this QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5.
Solution 2: Get the Conflicting Programs Updated and Reinstalled
- Tap on the Start button and click on the Control Panel and get the program uninstalled.
- Go to the Programs and Features, select the problem program and tap on the update or install.
- If you are up to updating the program, then follow the on-screen prompts to get the process completed; however, if you click to install the program, then follow the steps to uninstall and download it again to reinstall the same.
Solution 3: Update the Virus Protection program
- Yet another solution is to update the virus protection program and get it solved in less than no time. This error might be caused due to the virus infection and get your antivirus updated and scan the computer to find the error.
Hope these steps might solve QuickBooks Error Code 6098, 5 within no time; however, if you still face the trouble, then call support for QuickBooks and get the error solved easily.