How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Have you ever encountered QuickBooks Error Code 6073 and wondered about the solutions to fix the same? If so, then you have clicked the most appropriate link to know the same. This error mainly occurs when the user attempts to access the QB Company File in the multi-user configurations. Yet another possible cause of this error is the accessing the same file by another user. In such conditions, you will find an error message on your screen stating that QB is unable to open the Company File. It is important to get this error fixed as soon as possible; otherwise it starts hampering your work which in turn reduces the productivity as well. Below are mentioned some of the possible causes of this error and some practical solutions to fix this problem.
Causes of Error Code 6073
There are multiple causes which lead to the QB Error 6073 in your system. Some of the possible reasons are mentioned here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- QuickBooks file is open on another PC in a single-user mode.
- When the file is located in a perused just system envelope.
- QuickBooks document tends to utilize the remote programming and the host PC thinks that the client is logged in.
- When the file is available on the Linux server and utilizing in access by signing on the common organizer.
Also Read:- QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Status Code 1118
Methods to Solve QB Error Code 6073
Are you tired of getting QuickBooks Error Code 6073 messages on your screen and want to get rid of the same? Use any of the below mentioned troubleshooting solutions and get this error fixed in less than no time.
Solution 1: Resolve the error code manually
The user can solve this error manually but the steps depend on the certain conditions.
When the Company File is being accessed in the Single-User Mode at a different workstation
- First of all, get the QuickBooks Desktop closed on all the computers.
- Open the Company File on the host computer.
- The user will then have to switch from the single-user to the multi-user mode.
- From the File menu, tap on the Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Get the workstations rebooted if you are getting the same issue.
If the Company File is located on the reader-only network folder
- First of all, go to the computer that is currently hosting your Company File.
- Make a search for the location of the folder where the Company File is being saved.
- Right-click the folder and tap on the Properties.
- Pick the Security option.
- Now you will have to select the user who is facing QuickBooks Error Code 6073 and hit the Edit button.
- Check the box of Allow for getting the full control.
- Click on the Apply and OK button to get the process done.
When the Company File is in the Single-User Mode in the Host Computer
- From the File menu, click on the Close Company.
- The user will then have to re-open the Company File.
- From the file menu, click on the Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a Company File and tap on the Next button.
- Choose your Company File.
- Tap on the Open File in the Multi-User Mode button and apply OK.
Solution 2: Create another Network Data File if the existing one is damaged
- Go to the Start button and click to open the Windows Explorer.
- Make a search for the folder where the Company File is exactly located.
- Click to open the Company File folder to get Company File and the ND File extension. Click to open the same.
- Change the network file extension from .nd to .ndold and press enter to save the changes.
- Open the QuickBooks Software and access the Company File.
- QuickBooks have now created a new Network File for the Company File.
Hope the above-mentioned solutions are capable enough to solve the QuickBooks Error Code 6073; however, if you still face this issue on your system, then worry not and try to connect with the support as soon as possible. Or else, you can also contact the QuickBooks Professional +1(860) 544-6044 to deal with this issue.
Related Article:- QuickBooks Error Code 6129