How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
QuickBooks has become the most popular choice among the business owners these days. QuickBooks Accounting Software aims to facilitate the small and average-sized businesses by managing their cash flows, finances, payrolls, tax payments, and other accounting data systematically. This is widely used software and is bestowed with lots of benefits to ease the clients; however, it is just software and is thus prone to glitches at the end of the day. One such issue that you might encounter while working on the Intuit system is QuickBooks Error Code 6130. This error mainly occurs when you try to access the Company File which has no backup. It is a technical error and it’s very important to fix immediately. Below are mentioned some of the causes along with the practical solution to deal with this problem.
Causes of QB Error 6130
Some of the possible causes that might lead to this error are mentioned here for the users sake of convenience.
- Corrupted Installation of QuickBooks Software.
- Attack by the malware in your system.
- When you try to access the Company File in the latest version.
- Damaged Window User.
- Bad network connection can also lead to the QuickBooks Error Code 6130.
- Firewall setting prevents QB files from opening the necessary ports.
Methods to Fix QB Error 6130
If you get a QB Error Code 6130 message on your screen while working on the Intuit system, there is no need to worry as multiple solutions are available to deal with this problem. The user can try out any of them to fix this error.
Solution 1: Change the location of the file to the local hard drive
- First of all, move the file to the local hard drive from the server.
- Access the file in QuickBooks from the C Drive.
- The user is asked to create a portable file and save it into the C Drive.
- Close the Company File.
- Get the portable file restored and save it to the server.
- Again, close the Company File and open the same from the server.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Solution 2: Rename network data and .TLG files
- Open Company File location folder.
- Search for the files that have .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Once you find these files, click them to rename.
- Don’t forget to add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- The user will have to repeat the same steps for .TLG files.
- After completing this, now you can open the QB desktop Company File with ease.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Solution 3: Create a new Window User
- Go to the Windows Start Button.
- Tap on the Control Panel and click on the User Accounts icon.
- The user will have to select the ‘Create New User’ option.
- Be sure to select the Administrator for the user type.
- Logout of the current user type.
- Restart the computer and login with the newly created user.
- Move your Company File to the desktop.
- Now, open the QB and access the Company File from its new location to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6130.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 80070057
Solution 4: Make sure that QB is not running as an administrator
- Right-click the QB icon, select properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Turn off the Run this program as administrator option.
- Select Show settings for all users and click on the OK button.
- Exit and restart the QuickBooks software.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you to get rid of this problem. But if you are still facing any issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with Certified Experts at +1-860-325-4922. The USA-based ProAdvisors will provide all sorts of assistance related to the software 24/7.
Read more Related Article:-