While working on the QuickBooks, one of the technical bottlenecks that you cannot prevent so easily is the Error 3371. This is generally caused by the external issues and you will have to take some practical steps to avoid the same. Before knowing the solutions to resolve this issue, let’s just know about the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118 first and then move to the available solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118?
Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is caused when the system’s file namely entitlementDataStore.ecml gets damaged and the system becomes unable to initialize the license properties. When this error generates, your Desktop will show the particular message that says – ‘Could not initialize license properties’. The damage of the file usually occurred owing to the improper shut down of the computer. Therefore, it fails to sync the system properties every time you open your Intuit desktop. The Error 3371 message will appear in the dialog box and when you click OK, another box comes up. Let’s now find out the ways to resolve the same.
Solutions to fix Error 3371 Status Code 1118
There are multiple solutions available to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118. Some of them are mentioned here to facilitate the readers.
Solutions 1: Delete the ecml File
The first solution to resolve Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is to delete the ecml file from the desktop. Steps are mentioned here.
- To initiate the process, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Add the file URL “C: /ProgramData/intuit/Entitlement Client /v8” in the window.
- Once you are done with adding the above address, Windows Explorer will open the same.
- Now, you can easily delete the ecml file and close the window.
- Finally, the error is resolved and you can easily run Intuit and register the item again for the proper functioning.
Solution 2: Install the latest Windows update
The next solution to fix this error quickly is to install the windows update by following the procedure given here.
- To solve this error, you can download and install the latest Windows update on your system.
- Thereafter, choose ‘All Programs’ and tap on the Windows Update.
Solution 3: Get your Windows OS Updated
Yet another solution to quick fix the Error 3371, Status 1118 is to get your Windows Operating System updated. This is convenient and easy to complete.
- Click on the Start button to begin the process.
- Tap on the ‘All Programs’ and click on the Window Update option.
- Now, check for all updates.
- In this step, you will have to reinstall and update your QuickBooks system again.
Solution 4: Rename the Entitlement File
Last but not least, the solution to resolve this QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is to rename the entitlement file in your system and launch the same again.
For Windows XP users:
- Hit the Start button and press Run.
- Enter the file path: C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Once you are done with adding the address, click on the OK button.
- Now you can rename the entitlement ecml file.
For Windows 7 users:
- Add the file address C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv.
- Now you will have to rename this file according to your preference.
- When you start QB, a new file is created for you.