While working on the QuickBooks, one of the technical bottlenecks that you cannot prevent so easily is the Error 3371. This is generally caused by the external issues and you will have to take some practical steps to avoid the same. Before knowing the solutions to resolve this issue, let’s just know about the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118 first and then move to the available solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118?
Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is caused when the system’s file namely entitlementDataStore.ecml gets damaged and the system becomes unable to initialize the license properties. When this error generates, your Desktop will show the particular message that says – ‘Could not initialize license properties’. The damage of the file usually occurred owing to the improper shut down of the computer. Therefore, it fails to sync the system properties every time you open your Intuit desktop. The Error 3371 message will appear in the dialog box and when you click OK, another box comes up. Let’s now find out the ways to resolve the same.
Factors leading to QuickBooks Error Code 3371
There are several factors that lead to the QB Error 3371 in your system. Some of the major causes for the same are given here for the users’ sake of convenience.
- Loss of MSXML Components: MSXML is one of the important components offered by Microsoft and thus any damage to the same will lead to the occurrence of the error in the system. This is imperative to run the QB software smoothly and thus, any loss in the same will hamper your productivity as well.
- Missing of Qbregistration.dat file: Yet another factor that might generate QuickBooks Error Code 3371 in your system is the missing Qbregistration.dat file. This is an installation file and includes the license info. If it gets missing, then it can generate this error in the system.
- An inappropriate window update also leads to the generation of this issue.
- Sometimes the antivirus program gets interrupted and this leads to the QB Error 3371.
- Also, if you try to open the file without saving the same, then it is also possible that your system might face this issue.
Solutions to fix Error 3371 Status Code 1118
There are multiple solutions available to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118. Some of them are mentioned here to facilitate the readers.
Solutions 1: Delete the ecml File
The first solution to resolve Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is to delete the ecml file from the desktop. Steps are mentioned here.
- To initiate the process, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Add the file URL “C: /ProgramData/intuit/Entitlement Client /v8” in the window.
- Once you are done with adding the above address, Windows Explorer will open the same.
- Now, you can easily delete the ecml file and close the window.
- Finally, the error is resolved and you can easily run Intuit and register the item again for the proper functioning.
Solution 2: Install the latest Windows update
The next solution to fix this error quickly is to install the windows update by following the procedure given here.
- To solve this error, you can download and install the latest Windows update on your system.
- Thereafter, choose ‘All Programs’ and tap on the Windows Update.
Solution 3: Get your Windows OS Updated
Yet another solution to quick fix the Error 3371, Status 1118 is to get your Windows Operating System updated. This is convenient and easy to complete.
- Click on the Start button to begin the process.
- Tap on the ‘All Programs’ and click on the Window Update option.
- Now, check for all updates.
- In this step, you will have to reinstall and update your QuickBooks system again.
Solution 4: Rename the Entitlement File
Last but not least, the solution to resolve this QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1118 is to rename the entitlement file in your system and launch the same again.
For Windows XP users:
- Hit the Start button and press Run.
- Enter the file path: C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Once you are done with adding the address, click on the OK button.
- Now you can rename the entitlement ecml file.
For Windows 7 users:
- Add the file address C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv.
- Now you will have to rename this file according to your preference.
- When you start QB, a new file is created for you.
Solution 5: Install the QuickBooks Software Again
If the above solutions are unable to solve the error from your system, then try out this method and get rid of this issue within little or no time.
- Go to the All programs tab and select the Windows Update option.
- Get the upgradation of Windows Update done and get ready to set up the QB software on your system.
- If you face any error while installing the new updates, then use the below-mentioned steps to eradicate them.
- You will have to solve the license and registration issue.
- Tap to install the QB software once again.
Solution 6: Run QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Qb Install Diagnostic Tool is the best option to solve the error 3371 from your system. Let’s get to know about the method here.
- Download the Qb Tool Hub on your system and click on QB Install Diagnostic Tool to run the same.
- Let the tool automatically identify your problem by scanning the system throughout. This process might take up to 20 minutes.
- Once the tool is done with scanning, you can start the QB again.
Troubleshooting this error is not at all tough as you will have to implement the above-mentioned solutions. Hope these are enough to solve this error from your system; however, if still, you are facing issues in the troubleshooting steps, then worry not and immediately contact the QuickBooks Error 3371 support number at any time to get it solved with ease. The support team will offer you immediate guidance without wasting your time. Moreover, they are available all the time to help you. Moreover, these support executives will surely save your time and effort and get the issue solved within no time. The team includes verified professionals who have years of experience in this domain and thus know how to tackle your issues with ease. Consult them at any time and solve the error quickly.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact QuickBooks Error 3371 Support +1-800-729-1746 now and enjoy smooth working.