Here’s the QuickBooks H202 Error Fix
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software in the world which offers a variety of financial tasks services to small and mid-ranged business owners to help their businesses flourish. It has helped make business more efficient, save time and money and has also helped many businesses expand. However, in spite of all its advantages, at the end of the day, QuickBooks is just a software, and like all software, it is prone to errors and glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error H202.
Why does QuickBooks error code h202 occur?
The error code H202 in QuickBooks occurs when you try to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode when, in fact, the use of the multi-user option has been banned by your computer. Additionally, it also means that your computer’s firewall refuses to allow QuickBooks to connect to the server on another computer because it does not have enough security clearance to do so. So, how do you solve this problem?
How to Solve QuickBooks Error H202
There are, of course, various ways to solve this error. Here are some ways you can solve them.
- Begin by selecting the Windows start menu on the left corner side of the computer screen.
- There, you will see a search bar.
- Type the word “database” on the bar, and you will see a list of results show up.
- From there, click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Look for the folder that stores your company files.
- Select this folder and look for the Start Scan option and click it.
- This will repair firewall security permissions automatically and will stop it from blocking QuickBooks’ request to connect to a different server.
- Once the scan has finished, click Close and restart your computer.
- Next, make sure to open QuickBooks on both servers, your computer and the computer from where you want to access files.
- Go on to the File menu and click on it.
- There you will find the option to switch on multi-user mode.
- If it is not selected, then click on it to enable the mode.
- Once you’ve done that, you can easily access the files.
And that’s it! You’ve solved the QuickBooks error code H202. Make sure that in the future your firewall grants access to QuickBooks to avoid a similar situation. Also you can learn more solution to fix QuickBooks error H202.