Gmail is the best way to keep all your records as it has enormous storage space. Gmail works seamlessly, and your data is secured in it.How to add Gmail to the iPhone is the most asked question by the iPhone users. If you are using iPhone and don’t know how to access Gmail in iPhone, follow this comprehensive guide. Adding Gmail to the iPhone is not a complicated task; just go through this and apply the same.
There are two ways to access Gmail on your iPhone. Both methods are described below. You can add Gmail account to iPhone by using IMAP and POP. Readout these steps carefully to add Gmail account in your phone.
Method 1: Using IMAP
Use the IMAP server settings to access Gmail account on your iPhone. Carry out the forthcoming steps to add Gmail to iPhone.
- Enable IMAP to add a Gmail account.
- Go to the home screen of the iPhone.
- Click on the settings icon to open it.
- Navigate to the “Password & Accounts.”
- Now press on the “Add Account.”
- Select “Google” by tapping on it.
- Enter the e-mail address of your Gmail account and click on the “Next.”
- Enter the password of your account. Tap on the “Next” button to move further. If you forget your password, click on the “forget password” to create a new one.
- You will get a message of 2-step verification. Follow all the on-screen prompts to verify your Gmail account.
- You will get this message only if you have enabled 2-step authentication in your account.
- Ensure turning on the Mail toggle switch, so that your e-mail can be used in your iPhone. If you want to sync calendar events, contacts, and notes, enable these items too.
- Click on the home button to reach the home screen.
Implement all these steps if you want to add Gmail account to iPhone through IMAP.
Method 2: Using POP
You will Gmail POP server settings to use your Gmail account on your phone. Follow these steps to access the account in the iPhone.
- If POP is not already turned on, enable it for Gmail. You can allow it from a web browser using the POP/IMAP tab of your Gmail account.
- Tap on the Settings icon to open the Settings app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Seek for the “Password & Accounts” option. After this, click on the “Add Account.”
- Hit on the “Other” option followed by “Add Mail Account.”
- Enter all the necessary credentials like name, e-mail address, and password of your account.
- Hit on the “Next” option.
- Select POP to move further in the process of how to add Gmail account to the iPhone.
- Enter all the Gmail POP server settings, in the incoming mail server section which include:
- Host Name: pop.gmail.com
- Username: E-mail address of your account
- Password: Password of your e-mail account which you are using
- If you have enabled 2-step verification, you need to create an app password for your Gmail account. Instead, the account password, use the app password.
- Enter the Gmail SMTP server settings, in the outgoing mail server section.
- Host name: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: E-mail address you are using for your account
- Password: Your e-mail account password
- Hit on the save button.
- Choose the Gmail account, which you have just added.
- On the bottom of the page, click on the smpt.gmail.com. Again perform a click on it on the top of next page.
- There will be “Use SSL” toggle switch. Turn it on.
- You will see a text box named as Server Port. In that box, enter 465 after deleting the existing number.
- Select the “Done” option.
- Get back to the home screen by pressing the home button.
That’s how you get access to your Gmail account on your iPhone.
Regarding any doubt related to “how to add Gmail in iPhone,” connect to the helpline number 1-844-589-4843 of the Gmail. Their representatives are available even at odd hours for your help.