Your Boss asked you to import outlook contacts to Gmail. You might think if it is already saved in your Outlook account, why it is necessary to export the contacts. It will be time-consuming!
It is essential to export Outlook contacts to Gmail if you are planning to switch email client. If you are planning to switch from outlook to other Gmail, but you don’t want to lose your contacts and files stored in your account. In that case, it is better to import the contacts from Outlook to CSV file and save it in your system and further import that saved CSV file in the other web-mail service you wish to use.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook?
Are you looking for the steps to export Outlook contacts to Gmail?
You have landed on the right place. We have come up with a comprehensive guide on “how to import contacts from Outlook to Gmail.” Here we will show you, the easy steps to export and use the Outlook address book from every version into many other applications and services.
In order to export Outlook contacts to Gmail, you are required to export it into a CSV/PST.
Easy Steps to import contacts from every version of Outlook into CSV/PST files
Steps for Outlook 2013 and 2016 to export contacts
- Open your Outlook account
- Hit on the file icon on the extreme left corner
- Scroll down to select Open & Export category.
- Click on Import/Export.
- -Make sure you select “Export to a file” and then click on “next.”
- Select the “Outlook Data File PST” and again hit the next button
- Select “contact” from the drop-down menu of “Select the folder to export from” and click on next. Further, browse the location to save files and rename the file.
- Now click “Finish.”
- Now can import the contact saved in the form of PST files in Gmail, Yahoo, or another webmail service.
In Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007
- Open your Outlook account first configured in your desktop
- Click on the “file” on the upper left corner
- Then, Click on “contacts
- Make sure the “contact” icon is highlighted in yellow color
- Then, again click on “File.”
- Scroll down to select Click on “Import and Export.”
- Make sure Export you choose “Export to file.”
- Click Next
- Then select “Personal Folder File PST.”
- Make sure the “contacts” is highlighted
- Click on next
- Use the Browse button to choose the location and file name for the exported contacts.
- Then, click Next again
- Now click Finish.
Now the file ready for importing into and you can now import your Outlook contact to Gmail. The steps to import Outlook contacts to Gmail is mentioned at the last of this comprehensive guide.
How to export contacts from Outlook 2010?
- Open your outlook account
- Then, click on the “file.”
- Further click on “Options.”
- Make sure you have selected “Advanced” from the drop-down menu
- Select the Export button.
- Then, click on OK
- Select the Export to a file option and further click on Next
- Under Create a file of type menu, choose “Comma Separated Values” option to create a CSV file.
- Under Save exported file, click on the Browse button to select the location of the folder.
- Make sure you have renamed the file you are importing
- Then, click, OK.
- Click on “Next.”
- Further click on “Finish.”
How to import contacts from CSV to Gmail?
- Go to www.gmail.com
- Log into your Gmail account by providing the required credentials.
- Click on GMAIL located on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click on Contacts – the Contacts list now opens.
- Further, Click on More
- Then, Click on Import
- Click on Choose File, and then go to the .csv file that exported from Outlook
- Further, Click on Import
Hope this guide on “how to import contacts from Outlook to Gmail” helped you import outlook contacts to Gmail. In case, you find it difficult to carry out this process; then you can get in touch with the experts of Gmail Customer Support +1-844-589-4843 anytime around the clock and ask them to do it on your behalf.