Canon Printers are known for its high-end printing. This range of printers offers you a multi-functional printer for the office use, art studio use etc. If you are in an art studio or a busy office, then your printer can go low on ink very quickly. Then you have to refill the Canon Printer Ink cartridges. You can minimize the cost of your operating system by refilling it manually. If you have a color printer, then it costs you much to replace an ink cartridge.
Most of the ink cartridges in Canon printers are refillable and you can save a huge amount by refilling them yourself. Some printers use the smart chip to track the printing activity and it refrains for printing when the ink cartridge is empty. It keeps a record of every character printing. An error message will be displayed, which will show 0 when the ink cartridge becomes empty. These are specific items mentioned below which you will need while put ink cartridge in Canon Printer. Also read below the steps and follow the instruction for how to put ink cartridge in Canon Printer.
Chip reset device
Ink refill kit
Plastic cartridge cap
Rags or newspaper
Small Screw (optional)
Small syringe (optional)
How to Put Ink Cartridge in Canon Printer?
Read all the Canon Printer cartridge refill Instructions carefully to refill your printer’s ink cartridge.
Step 1: Check the Canon ink cartridge.
Firstly make sure that your ink cartridge is empty.
Step 2: Take out an ink cartridge.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions to bring out the ink cartridge from the Canon printer.
- Place the ink cartridge on a paper towel or some rage to avoid spilling of ink.
- Check again if the ink cartridge is empty or not.
- If there is still ink in the cartridge, reinstall the cartridge in the printer.
Step 3: Refill Canon Printer Cartridges.
- Purchase an ink refill kit from the market or the online store. It will contain all the specific items that will be used in the refilling process.
- Choose the ink color as per your requirement.
- If you want to fill black color in the ink cartridge, choose the black ink. Select any colored ink if you wish to have colored print-outs.
- Put in the needle in the ink container.
Step 4: Expose the hole where ink needs to be injected.
- Peel off the label from the cartridge top to reveal the round plastic stopper. This is the hole where ink is injected.
- This will be situated in the sponge area of the cartridge.
- On the bottom of the cartridge put orange-colored plastic cartridge cap, which came with the ink cartridge at the time of purchase.
- Secure it with a rubber band to ignore ink leakage.
- Use a piece of cardboard, if you don’t have this rubber band.
Step 5: Enlarge the filling holes.
- Fill the sponge area with ink, squeeze few drops of ink.
- With the help of thumb drill or any other enlarging tool, widen this hole to insert the ink in it.
- If you don’t have any enlarging device, heat the small screw with lighter. Put this scalding screw into the stopper. Pull the screw out with pliers and stopper will also come out with it.
- Cover the exit hole with the tape to prevent leakage.
Step 6: Inject the ink
- Follow the kit manufacturer’s instructions for the Canon Inkjet Printer Cartridge Refill and fill the syringe that came with the kit. Some kits also provide the pre-filled syringe.
- Set this syringe into the hole to fill the ink cartridge.
- Carefully inject the ink by pushing it into the enlarged hole and be cautious that cartridge doesn’t get overfilled.
- From the bottom of the cartridge, remove the cover for the excess ink to fall off.
- Take out the needle from the cartridge.
- After finishing with the refilling of the ink cartridge, seal the hole with hot wax, glue and electric tape.
- Detach the tape you placed on the exit hole.
Step 7: Reinstall the ink cartridge.
- Install the ink cartridge in the Canon printer.
- Choose maintenance on the printer.
- After inserting the ink cartridge, run it through its cleaning cycle.
- This ink cartridge needs to be set in the printer for at least 8 hours.
- Sponge will soak up the new ink and your printer will be ready to use.
That’s how you override Canon Printer empty cartridge issue. This comprehensive guide has answers to all your questions regarding how to put Ink cartridge in Canon Printer. If you still have any problem, contact Canon printer customer support +1-855-789-0253 for the assistance.
For more updates, stay connected with us.